Well I guess it's time

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Cracked pistons do not create pressure in the coolant system. A lifted injector cup or head gaskets will cause this. Brian, pressure test your coolant system and see if it leaks, it may pour into the cylinder. Your large turbo is pushing quite some volume that can be your head gaskets popping open or pushing the injector up from the high cylinder pressure. Did you put studs in the heads?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
You know my old motor had some pressure in the coolant system. It did not have a blown headgasket, and it didn't look like it was leaking when I took the heads off.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Might have been. But i didnt see anyingnthat looked like rusty coolant between the cylinders or anything black where it shouldnt have been on the gasket.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
James just needs to go over there and figure it out....:angel:

Lol. Last time brian told me he had a blowin cup, it was just fine. When a truck is blowing smoke out of the oil tube like a train, i dont see that as a good thing nor a cup issue.

Why am i the only who cant get past that fact? Is this really more common than im thinkin cause even with rings that were not fully set my truck never did that.....

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Lol. Last time brian told me he had a blowin cup, it was just fine. When a truck is blowing smoke out of the oil tube like a train, i dont see that as a good thing nor a cup issue.

Why am i the only who cant get past that fact? Is this really more common than im thinkin cause even with rings that were not fully set my truck never did that.....

your not the only one.....

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL

I LOVE how you didnt say Bri Bri is capable of doing it himself LOL:thumb::hug::rofl:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Good news is that I don't have any boost leaks :rofl:

Andrew, the engine is 100% stock as far as I know.

As far as heads being cracked, could be, but I have a feeling it's just a cup.

Gunna go LLY heads anyways in the build.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Does the PPE tank have a sensor in it? If not, maybe you should put the oe one back in for now. Or do I need to tell james to go over there and put it in for you:roflmao::roflmao:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
well, I cant exactly look and see how much it looses when I go wot...

Like I said.... maybe 12oz... I have the PPE tank so it's not as easy to see how mucho is in there.

Put a water bottle under the overflow tube you have dangling above your tire