Welders

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
To anybody who welds daily or at home im sure you have had welders flash. Best aid to welders flash that I have found is to cut a potato into slices and rest it on your eyes. Sounds odd I know but next time you have welders flash try it. :thumb:

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
To anybody who welds daily or at home im sure you have had welders flash. Best aid to welders flash that I have found is to cut a potato into slices and rest it on your eyes. Sounds odd I know but next time you have welders flash try it. :thumb:

good advice!!! I do a lot of welding however welders flash has never been a issue for me. I can stare at the arc and never really been bothered. I guess my eyes are not that sensitive. I do know a few people that can glance for a second and they end up screwed for a night . Ill pass this on thanks.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Hmm very interesting, I haven't had a problem with weld flash though, but I'm always using a helmet.

Ive never got flashed at the shop welding, we do horizontal boring and sometimes when two guys are welding a pipe together in a bore pit we get flashed by the other guy on accident. One to many times and boom wake up at midnight rubbing the crap outta your eyes and lookin for potatoes!

not quick

Jay
Nov 3, 2013
Middletown, Ohio
I'm not sure how true this is but I was told if you get flashed to look at something bright like a light. For some reason I guess that's better than shutting your eyes.

joegorby

Apr 12, 2012
Washington Pa
Vicks vaporub on your eye lids (not in your eyes). Works better than potatoes, but if potatoes is all that you have, I found that shredded works better than slices.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Vicks vaporub on your eye lids (not in your eyes). Works better than potatoes, but if potatoes is all that you have, I found that shredded works better than slices.

Sweet hopefully i dont have to try that anytime soon but ill remember for next time.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I got it once from stick welding with out a helmet, I had some I drops from when I had to get a piece of steel pulled out of eye, it worked. I have heard about using potatoes, but never tried it.

j.stanton2009

So Long Space Cowboy...
Aug 18, 2010
Climax Tx
I don't even know how to weld... And still some how managed to get welders flash, I just wrap a bandana "blind samurai" style with sliced potatoes on my eyes.

I whine and cry a lot- but in a manly way.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I dont really get flashburn. but chilled cucumber slices work just something cold.
also if you weld on galvinized metal and breath the smoke its really bad on your stomach I hear. Not sure how it gets in your stomach but they say to drink milk.