Welders

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
I dont really get flashburn. but chilled cucumber slices work just something cold.
also if you weld on galvinized metal and breath the smoke its really bad on your stomach I hear. Not sure how it gets in your stomach but they say to drink milk.
Galvanized can't only be bad if you breath it in, it can be obsorbed threw your skin. And yes milk it the way to go. I weld everyday if I get flashed I just used eye drops and take some ib profin and I'm good to go.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
All of this is good info. I'll have to keep it in mind! I try my best to use a helmet but sometimes doing exhaust work or the such, a helmet doesn't fit!

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
Yo wear bettergear. Or stop tacking with yor helmet up ....if it's on arm wear 80 or high sunscreen

silverbullett

Feb 12, 2012
potatoes do work slice them in then put them on your eyes with a wet wash cloth , arc flash is blisters on you eyeball feels like sand in you eye, just my 2 cents

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Galvanized can't only be bad if you breath it in, it can be obsorbed threw your skin. And yes milk it the way to go. I weld everyday if I get flashed I just used eye drops and take some ib profin and I'm good to go.

X2 if your doing that much with Galvanized at least wear a respirator or blow the smoke away from you.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
X2 if your doing that much with Galvanized at least wear a respirator or blow the smoke away from you.

We sell galvanized trailers. Fab them before there dipped. But theres missed stuff we have to get. Or the heat from being dipped cracks stuff we have to reweld I point a fan at me but on low so I dont get porosity. Didn know it could go in through your skin.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
when I was young I mig'ed a bunch of patches on a chev box with those light green oxy,accetaline glasses on cuz I was dumb and didn't know better.4 hours of welding and I almost went blind and screwed my eyes for life,ALWAYS wear eye gear,not worth your sight!

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
We weld 30-35 volts at work we have shade 12s I believe. Our welders are 440. We have roll around shades for when we work close to each other there pretty handy and we wear full leathers. Which are awesome but hot