Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
I’m. It sure exactly what he takes for supplements but personally I take a preworkout that helps with blood vessel Dilation ( more blood and oxygen to your muscles for the entire workout instead of halfway through.) I also drink branch chai amino acids or bcaa. I drink these during my workout. Helps with oxygen synthesis as well as recover post work out. As bcaa’s help Your muscles absorb the protein that you drink immediately after your workout. I drink 3 protein shakes a day totaling 180 grams of liquid protein. Plus whatever I eat in protein in meals. I also recently started taking creatine. This is a first for me. It actually makes you retain water. And typically increases strength because your muscles swell with water

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
What's the reason for taking them? I mean, what benefit are they bringing? Do they allow the fibers/proteins of the muscles to open more and take in more nutrients? Or do they simply help with recovery - how so? Or are they an energy thing? Just wonder exactly what it is that they help improve? The fairly scientific way you do it is fascinating to me because I'm an enginerd like you. Hit me with the science-y gnawledge. :D

Many different compounds and they all work differently. But the short version is; yes they help with recovery, increase protein synthesis, increase feed efficiency, increase nitrogen retention, bind to androgen receptor and help prevent catabolic hormones from robbing muscle mass for energy. That’s just a very short version, if you have time read up on it, it’s really intriguing.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Many different compounds and they all work differently. But the short version is; yes they help with recovery, increase protein synthesis, increase feed efficiency, increase nitrogen retention, bind to androgen receptor and help prevent catabolic hormones from robbing muscle mass for energy. That’s just a very short version, if you have time read up on it, it’s really intriguing.

It is a great tool and only a tool. Your diet has to be on point along with training to see the results. problem is it is taboo. Many people you pass by everyday do it, many of your heros do it. Problem is there is a steep learning curve because it hard to get people to talk about it. It seems like I hear of alot more people talking about it lately. If you truely want to learn about it search William Llewellyn and buy his book. It's the most comprehensive book out there. Then you can decide if you want to try. The thing is your the professor and the guinea pig at the same time :D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Got back in the gym after being sick for 2.5 weeks... Mother f@cker I’m sore:rofl: and weak:eek:

Down to 203 from 214... not the best way to loose ten pounds.

I haven’t used any preworkout in a couple months. I ran out of kaged and just never went and bought anymore. Just using caffeinated water flavor packets. I really think a guy needs to cycle off of everything once in awhile. To much of anything is not good.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Never maxed on deads so I'm just doing reps with my partners max which was 535. So I did 6 sets of 3 at 465, he did 5 sets of 3 465 and 505 double at the end. Bw 257

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Got back in the gym after being sick for 2.5 weeks... Mother f@cker I’m sore:rofl: and weak:eek:

Down to 203 from 214... not the best way to loose ten pounds.

I haven’t used any preworkout in a couple months. I ran out of kaged and just never went and bought anymore. Just using caffeinated water flavor packets. I really think a guy needs to cycle off of everything once in awhile. To much of anything is not good.
Does the to much of anything apply to life as well Albert

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
At least none of you all are morbidly obese. :eek: :thumb:

JoshH, how's your eating change working out? I think I have the slowest metabolism ever but I am still steadily losing a pound or so a week. :coolspot: Diet alone just isn't going to get me where I need to be IDT.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
At least none of you all are morbidly obese. :eek: :thumb:

JoshH, how's your eating change working out? I think I have the slowest metabolism ever but I am still steadily losing a pound or so a week. :coolspot: Diet alone just isn't going to get me where I need to be IDT.

A pound a week is just about perfect Mitch. Easier to maintain that then crashing a bunch of weight off at once then packing it back on. Imop

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Damn meant to weigh twice today.

Back this morning then shoulders at lunch.

Person trainer got me a macro list so I'm going to start playing that game. Time to get shredded

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Damn meant to weigh twice today.

Back this morning then shoulders at lunch.

Person trainer got me a macro list so I'm going to start playing that game. Time to get shredded

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Talking about losing weight

The wife and I had a baby that’s almost 8 months old now. Well I went off the heathy wagon at that point and didn’t watch shit as far as diet

About 2 months ago I started cutting back what I ate. Not going for seconds and not eating until I was full. Just stopping myself and trying to make better eating habits. I’m up and down on a daily basis but all in all I’m at new low of 239 last week where I started at 250-258ish.

I can’t wait to start riding my bike outside and see what happens

My biggest enemy is pop and coffee. I’m addicted