Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Took 3 attempts but locked out 385 on flat. Ate a whole pizza for lunch and a half a bag of rice cakes at work. 260 pound bw. Feel good but my partner hit 415 on flat pretty clean, went up over his face towards the top but damn solid for over 400 pounds.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Took 3 attempts but locked out 385 on flat. Ate a whole pizza for lunch and a half a bag of rice cakes at work. 260 pound bw. Feel good but my partner hit 415 on flat pretty clean, went up over his face towards the top but damn solid for over 400 pounds.

Awesome :thumb: I got 375 last week but it was a struggle. I’m down to 244 and I feel good but strength gains aren’t happening like the do when I eat whatever I want. The slow progress is worth it so far with how my body has been changing. Everyone thinks I’m on the sauce but it’s just that I’m finally getting my diet right and training harder then ever.

And here I am proud cuz I did a rest pause 305 lmao

It’s all relative I think that’s pretty good.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'm actually pretty happy with my bench. At one point I wanted be be the strongest guy in the gym. Then I jacked up my shoulder and back and realized there will always be someone bigger and stronger. Not having a workout partner kills big numbers for me, add in everything else I have going and I'm pretty accomplished for 30-45 min a day in the gym

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Awesome :thumb: I got 375 last week but it was a struggle. I’m down to 244 and I feel good but strength gains aren’t happening like the do when I eat whatever I want. The slow progress is worth it so far with how my body has been changing. Everyone thinks I’m on the sauce but it’s just that I’m finally getting my diet right and training harder then ever.

It’s all relative I think that’s pretty good.

Trust me there are people that think I'm saucy to lol, those are the same people that think I'm 225 pounds though and they don't realize I eat 15 dollar lunches every day plus snacks lol.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Trust me there are people that think I'm saucy to lol, those are the same people that think I'm 225 pounds though and they don't realize I eat 15 dollar lunches every day plus snacks lol.
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what do you refer to as saucy lol?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas

Only time im strong is when i eat a ton. I want to cut.....but dam not eating sucks.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I guess it’s been a while since I checked in. 195lb 13-14% BF right most likely. I don’t go any heavier than 100lb dbs now and haven’t for almost a year. The most I’ll deadlift is 315 for reps and that’s also the most I’ll get under for squats. Gave up on strength and working only for body building now. Hopefully clean up the diet soon and drop a few %BF for summer.

09c75bf0a2f7a3deecf5d72feca15d2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Hit the gym 1st time since may last year. Squats 5x8x135...kicked my ass. Lack of sleep and 90+ hrs a week at work for the last 10 weeks did not help. Did some other small light stuff nothing worth noting

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I guess it’s been a while since I checked in. 195lb 13-14% BF right most likely. I don’t go any heavier than 100lb dbs now and haven’t for almost a year. The most I’ll deadlift is 315 for reps and that’s also the most I’ll get under for squats. Gave up on strength and working only for body building now. Hopefully clean up the diet soon and drop a few %BF for summer.

Stupid question

Any supplements?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Hey look Clark is back in the building

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
So I've not "cycled" off pre workout in probably 3-5 years. I basically eat the shit for breakfast. The last couple weeks I've been getting like an out of body experience when I take it (not kidding and yes it's legal). Honestly has been messing with my workouts.

Today was the first day I've not taken pre and went and worked out that I can remember in a very long time.

I had one of the better leg workouts I've had in a while.

DB squats 5x12 superset with Leg press 5x12, single leg Ext and curl superset with calf raises 5x12 and waddled out of the gym.

Started squatting with 10lb plates under my heals to help my body position. Man it makes my hips and knees feel so much better.

Amazing how much vascularity you gain when you lean out a bit. One day I looked down at my shins and was like where'd that come from.

Me and the kids swam after work and then I ate 3/4 of a large pizza and an orange soda.

Pic taken before bed. This is my shins btw. Yes I don't shave my legs like a woman

c3bfc644c84ddd1ef0a5aefdfa6b7c49.jpg

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I won’t lie, yes there is lol. Either way you still have to put in the work. Gear is just a tool, it can be used and misused.

What's the reason for taking them? I mean, what benefit are they bringing? Do they allow the fibers/proteins of the muscles to open more and take in more nutrients? Or do they simply help with recovery - how so? Or are they an energy thing? Just wonder exactly what it is that they help improve? The fairly scientific way you do it is fascinating to me because I'm an enginerd like you. Hit me with the science-y gnawledge. :D