variable or not?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
So last question for me on this thread- to what vendors do the names "Mark" and 'Trent" belong?:eek: So i can give them a call on monday. They are seperate vendors, right?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Mark -- Danville Performance (not a S/V here)

Trent -- Extreme Prejudice Racing

Just look toward the bottom of the main forum page for the list of vendors.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Don't take me the wrong way either. It just kinda annoys me when people act like VVT's are terrible chargers. I am not tryin to up you, just showing what they can and will do
I understand and I try not to be anti vvt but I fought boost issues with my stock charger. I got a fixed charger and all my problems were solved.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I understand and I try not to be anti vvt but I fought boost issues with my stock charger. I got a fixed charger and all my problems were solved.

I miss the big single Gt4202r that I use to run. The stocker with the Gt45 is ok but not the feel I like all the way. Has that everyday nice driving but not really that kick in the butt of the big single when you lay into it.

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
I drove an A5k truck the other day and it spooled and towed like a boss! That's a good single and they are priced well also!

cafryer

May 5, 2011
Utah
Yea. You are waaaay more moded out than i will be for a couple years:hail2: i think a 4094 vvg billet or not will be fun for my set up for the foreseeable future. I dont think stock fuel will even come close to the potential of that turbo. Injectors, rods pistons duel cp3 all that will take precedence over a killer more expensive turbo i cant even feed yet. Hahaha. I wish i could just have it all at once, kinda... not really, its more fun to learn as you go huh. Besides later on if i decided to keep it i could put a 47 or even 55 in front of it and have a 1000 hp daily driveable compound set up.
I dont think a gt55 would work to well with a 4094. I think a gt47 is a little to big but it could work.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I miss the big single Gt4202r that I use to run. The stocker with the Gt45 is ok but not the feel I like all the way. Has that everyday nice driving but not really that kick in the butt of the big single when you lay into it.
I know big singles aren't for everyone, but for a fun street truck I love it. Just something about that big hit you get when it lights.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I dont think a gt55 would work to well with a 4094. I think a gt47 is a little to big but it could work.

There is a shop in idaho that is tryin to lead me down the 47/40 path. like i said tho, a 4094vvgt will provide me with plenty of punch for now, while i learn and aquire a more capable fuel system. Thanks guys, and to all the dads in diesel land- HAPPY FATHERS DAY

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I thought the 4094vvt was a laggy pig. My s475 lights quicker and drives better with much lower EGTs. VVT chargers suck IMO. I don't care what kind it is.

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
I thought the 4094vvt was a laggy pig. My s475 lights quicker and drives better with much lower EGTs. VVT chargers suck IMO. I don't care what kind it is.

:thumb::thumb: I have no experience with the 4094 but I love the way the s472 feel compared to my stock vgt