variable or not?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Waz up. Hey saw your post and decided to look at the precision, and with all the upgrades that is a sweeeet charger! Thanks for the golden nugget of info, anyone who is ready for it would be a fool not to closely wiegh the precision 67 mm pimped out billett wheel, larger shaft, etc .. for now i am going to go with a 4094 vgt. I have a sweet price on one, i will be able to retain my turbo brake for towing, its easy easy drop in idiot proof, i can twin it later, and for now it will give me the power fix i need to play and learn for a while before i make a much larger investment. I need to save now for injectors, and decide on other fuel mods to support the bigger sticks when the time demands an answer- Thanks again everyone, from your favorite :dr:

Feel free please to post more opinions, i am reading everything at this point:thumb:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Danville performance sells a billet wheel for the 4094avnt. Might be worth putting in while it is out of the truck. The variable turbos aren't the easiest things to wrestle in and out of the truck.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Aaahhhh. Another golden nugget! . I have been searching posts looking for this, thank you:thumb: a billet wheel is ecactly what i think this charger will need...:hail2:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Before you buy a charger I would decide on a tuner to tune my truck and talk to him. I may be wrong but I think you can get more power and cooler EGT's out of a fixed charger. Also I think tuning is easier with a fixed charger also. Get a 366 or the precision mentioned before with a gate and you can twin off it later if you want.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
You guys need to slack off on this "gotta be fixed charger" attitude. How many of you are running faster times then me with my stocker twin set up? My EGT's never go above 1300 and the max drive ever OS less then 80#'s when boost is 60+ I am getting ready to throw in my billet 4094avnt and I bet it helps out even more.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Up to you but if your going to upgrade make it worth your while,go a little bigger

I am looking at danville's 72mm vgt, was wondering how big is too big to tow heavy with? The truck has to be a capable workhorse, really that is most important. I just want it to be as fast as possible when its not towing.:)

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
COW PIE! what were you pullin man? If you dont mind me askin. Good feedback, i really like that charger on paper. How long have you had it, what dp's do you see, egt's, :eek: sorry haha. Any feedback is great.:hug: really important to know too is what your fuel supply system looks like, mine is stock for now. I wont even see the full potential of a 4094 vvg turbo with a billet wheel on stock fuel, adding a billet wheel for 400 from danville seems reasonable, i could just buy it from them with billet, they have a good price too. I must stay focused on what i can afford for now and what is next and having the most fun while im doin it.

Last edited:

emiller3

He's Back
Feb 21, 2009
lake charles,LA.
Had it since last December, drive pressure at wot is normally 10-15 psi over total boost. Egts stay low dd and i don't pay much attention to them on the track.I was hauling a load of scrap iron to the sale.Do keep in mind I'm running a compound setup.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Yea. You are waaaay more moded out than i will be for a couple years:hail2: i think a 4094 vvg billet or not will be fun for my set up for the foreseeable future. I dont think stock fuel will even come close to the potential of that turbo. Injectors, rods pistons duel cp3 all that will take precedence over a killer more expensive turbo i cant even feed yet. Hahaha. I wish i could just have it all at once, kinda... not really, its more fun to learn as you go huh. Besides later on if i decided to keep it i could put a 47 or even 55 in front of it and have a 1000 hp daily driveable compound set up.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
You guys need to slack off on this "gotta be fixed charger" attitude. How many of you are running faster times then me with my stocker twin set up? My EGT's never go above 1300 and the max drive ever OS less then 80#'s when boost is 60+ I am getting ready to throw in my billet 4094avnt and I bet it helps out even more.
Snatch that dual fueler off and I'll give you a run for your money:D I really dont have a "gotta be fixed charger" attitude, I just know for the money a single fixed charger is a hell of an upgrade and easier to tune

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Snatch that dual fueler off and I'll give you a run for your money:D I really dont have a "gotta be fixed charger" attitude, I just know for the money a single fixed charger is a hell of an upgrade and easier to tune

Yeah, if it were not for this truck being our tow rig, and absolutely loving the turbine brake from the vvgt, i would be buying a t4 mounting kit and prob a 42x or 45x or billett s472, no id go with garrett cuz im a garrett :nutswinger::stirthepot2:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Don't take me the wrong way either. It just kinda annoys me when people act like VVT's are terrible chargers. I am not tryin to up you, just showing what they can and will do

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
So, i was also wondering whats involved in adding a billet wheel. Is it something i can do easily? Or should i try and order it done and trust it was done well, when i order the 4094vvgt?

Last edited: