V2 Auto Cal question.

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
I know a guy that is selling a V2 he had on his 05 D-Max. Tunes in it are done by Idaho Rob. I want to know if I was to buy it, can it be transferred to me and set up to use with my lml? Is this something I would have to get with Rob to release it? I'm still very much a noob when it comes to this tuning/dsp5 switch stuff.
I do plan to delete and tune at a later date.

Sent via Google Deplorable tracking services.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
If it's being tuned by rob no problem he just sends you some and tunes and you're good to go.

If you want tuning from someone else you need to send it to rob to unlink and you can use it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A. Stock Lbz

Aug 13, 2013
spokane wa
You are better off getting a new one setup for you. Rob will charge you for new tunes and you also need a Vin license. If you can get it for $150 go for it

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
Yea, when I joined and did my intro I had a local guy responded to me about not needing to smog test. Would love to meet sometime. I've got a ton to learn about this monster yet. Be awesome to know some local knowledge.

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Oh, dang sure glad I asked. Thanks.

Best bet is to make the trip to Bosie when the weather clears and have Rob tune it in person. Wish I would have gone that route with my last truck.

But if you're set on mail order tuning. I still have an Autocal from Kory that has room on it for another set of tunes. You'd have to pay for the tunes & license. You're more than welcome to use it to load tunes & data log stuff for him.

A. Stock Lbz

Aug 13, 2013
spokane wa
Best bet is to make the trip to Bosie when the weather clears and have Rob tune it in person. Wish I would have gone that route with my last truck.

But if you're set on mail order tuning. I still have an Autocal from Kory that has room on it for another set of tunes. You'd have to pay for the tunes & license. You're more than welcome to use it to load tunes & data log stuff for him.

No need to drive there, Rob can dial them in pretty good if you can data log and send them to him!

How the gasser life treating ya luke?

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA

Thanks, that's kind if you. Not set on anything yet. Nite ever ready to tune just yet fur that matter. Just Seems like these are good to have anyway if a guy is to go with efi-live for updates and changes.

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
No need to drive there, Rob can dial them in pretty good if you can data log and send them to him!

How the gasser life treating ya luke?
I might do that anyway if I can get things ready buy July. Going to be in South western Montana fishing (Bitterroot river) then thinking of heading into Idaho to fish a day or two anyway provided I have time.