UCC results and discussion

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Unfortunately for now the Dmax crowd doesn’t have anything to offer the cummins guys on the engine side of things. Maybe a quick dyno blip but trying to make full power passes at the track isn’t happening for long. Fully filled blocks and solid heads ruin the trucks and still fail and if you stay wet block it’s not going to last at the power level need. Even the most die hard guys making power are coming to that realization. No matter what anyone says when you’re behind the scenes EVERYONES truck is pushing heads cracking blocks or spitting rods or having some type of failure at HP levels that we shouldn’t be. Until we progress more we cant compete with the top tier cummins crowd.

You say no full power passes at the track... at what power level are you talking - 1500, 1750, 2,000+?

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Yes, cast blocks. I don’t believe anyone had a billet block, they were deckplated however.
I’d be interested to see if anyone will drop the coin on one for next year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the only competitor to come with a full billet block was Wagler last year IIRC

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
I think the only competitor to come with a full billet block was Wagler last year IIRC

Nope, Derek Rose had a billet block and billet head last year. I know 100% the head was custom Wagler as it was machined for duramax injectors.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So what happened to Mike Graves' truck to cause a rod failure?

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
Then he should've pulled a number. Better to miss his turn and beg for time later on as a redo than to not have a spot at all to start with.

This is why I dislike diesel motorsports anymore. A few people with their own agenda "run" the show, to the detriment of the sport as a whole.

It’s not just diesels. Motocross is the biggest cluster **** you could ever imagine.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
It’s not just diesels. Motocross is the biggest cluster **** you could ever imagine.

Dude this is everything lately
Bought ready to pack up and move to Costa lol
Unfortunately you can never run away from problems just have to face them and adapt to the situation :thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Favor to ask: could you guys go thru the competitors and qualifiers and tell me who the Duramax trucks are so I can look at the 1/4 mile times? Thanks.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Same with merchant. Seems odd they both lost a rod at same event.

Tony B lost an engine on the engine dyno with the same rods as Mike not sure what merchant was running. I’m thinking it’s not a coincidence even though it was the most power we’ve made it shouldn’t of spit rods out.

Feb 7, 2018
West Central Illinois
Merchant wasn't running a crazy setup is the kicker tho. It had a moderately sized set of compounds if I recall with ~300% overs.

Yes merchant was under powered as a competitor. Not sure on fuel, although 300% makes sense because it was very clean when at WOT. I know it had a compound set up from Wherli what made it different was it was a remote mount compound set up.
It was a 400/GT-55 set up. Piping set up was art work. Just couldn’t get it to preform.