twins/ single

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Single s366. Enough power to blow up a stock motor, good spool, great sound, great mileage and drive pressure. Can upgrade and twin over it later for huge power!

About the only negative I can think of is loosing your turbo brake if you tow a lot...

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
roll the dice on a danville or a cheetah then if you have to have the break.

I really like the vgt72!!! However, it uses the 4094avnt housing/pedestal, ported by danville, but how much can they "really" improve the air flow, utilizing a "drop in" replacement for the stock charger. Twining it would lead to the same problems i imagine, that is the enigma i have confronted myself with.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
If i guy were to ditch the vgt off an lbz, could he then utilize a banks brake for an lb7, or pac brake or some other equivalent?

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
s475 over stock flows as much as as a single 472... the compound arraingement will outperform the 366.

however you cant pull in most classes with twins, the top end sucks compaired to a single, the oil temps are rediculous and the under the hood temps are out of control, my AC barely works when it gets over 92-94*

however twins spool great and are fun on the street. If you only need enough flow for the stock motor and tow all the time twins are the way to go. But if you want to push that and compete in any way id start by removing the factory charger.

ive towed 15k with my triple setup and not had oil temp issues...and i watch my oil temp gauge just as much as egt.. maybe try some different oil or an additive. no comment on the AC as i dont have that on the triple truck :(

twins are the best way to go IMO for towing and DD. i ran them for a little over a year towing a 36' toy hauler at 12k and a pull truck at 15-16k. truck ran awesome, stock injectors and pump just twins, trans, and fuel pump.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
ive towed 15k with my triple setup and not had oil temp issues...and i watch my oil temp gauge just as much as egt.. maybe try some different oil or an additive. no comment on the AC as i dont have that on the triple truck :(

twins are the best way to go IMO for towing and DD. i ran them for a little over a year towing a 36' toy hauler at 12k and a pull truck at 15-16k. truck ran awesome, stock injectors and pump just twins, trans, and fuel pump.

have you replaced the factory oil cooler?

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
From MHO on my set up I cant even begin to explain how happy I am with my kit. I am running the billet 475 over stock and I daily drive my truck and pull my boat wheelers live in trailer snowmobiles and anything else I want. Its a blast to run around on the street and it tows like nothing else I have driven before.
There is nothing like not having to push it all that hard to tow my stuff at 75 mph up any of the hills around my area and only see just over 1200 on egts.
As far as the oil goes it was running hot while towing long big grades so I added an oil cooler and that prob was solved. I have not had any problems with mt AC working properly it blows just as cold now as it did with just the stock charger.
As far as having to build for either towing or racing IMOP that is not correct there are plenty of people that do ea with there truck and trents tow truck is a prime example.

Last edited:

SmithLBZ

Jan 11, 2012
TN
Would it be a good idea to do head studs, with the s366?

What's everyone's opinions on a billet vs. cast wheel in the 366?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I would do the studs when and if the HG goes IMO.I did the billet but don't have experience with the cast wheeel before hand for comparison

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I would also twin it. I have twins and tow a ton, I own a landscaping business and tow 10-15k often and love it. And my ac works just fine even pullin the trailers while its on. Never see any over heating issues on anything.

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
From MHO on my set up I cant even begin to explain how happy I am with my kit. I am running the billet 475 over stock and I daily drive my truck and pull my boat wheelers live in trailer snowmobiles and anything else I want. Its a blast to run around on the street and it tows like nothing else I have driven before.
There is nothing like not having to push it all that hard to tow my stuff at 75 mph up any of the hills around my area and only see just over 1200 on egts.
As far as the oil goes it was running hot while towing long big grades so I added an oil cooler and that prob was solved. I have not had any problems with mt AC working properly it blows just as cold now as it did with just the stock charger.
As far as having to build for either towing or racing IMOP that is not correct there are plenty of people that do ea with there truck and trents tow truck is a prime example.

:nothingtoadd:

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Would it be a good idea to do head studs, with the s366?

What's everyone's opinions on a billet vs. cast wheel in the 366?

I never had a cast wheel 366 but I can tell you that the billet wheel 366 I just got is the loudest single to date I have had. That thing sings when just casually strolling up to 55 and it freaking screams when you go WOT! @70 on the highway you have to turn the radio up a good bit to get past the turbo. Its ALMOST annoying! I dont have headstuds in my truck.

Vsouth

Oct 6, 2008

Where are you reading oil temp from, and what temps are you seeing with your triples. My 4094vnt/gt5533r twins produce oil temps that I get uncomfortable with. But I am a wimp when it comes to temps on my truck.

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
Where are you reading oil temp from, and what temps are you seeing with your triples. My 4094vnt/gt5533r twins produce oil temps that I get uncomfortable with. But I am a wimp when it comes to temps on my truck.

Port on top of the oil filter housing/cooler, hottest point. On. 90+* day it would fluctuate from 220-240. Mind you this is fairly flat not many hills. With 15k. I would imagine with hills it would put me past a safe point. My engine builder told me to keep it below 250*. I bought some oil additive that is suppose to lower it 10-20* my builder told me but I didnt get a chance to try it before I cracked my piston. This is 3-s400 chargers. So I don't see how there could be much of an issue with just twins.