twins/ single

SmithLBZ

Jan 11, 2012
TN
Pros / Cons on a S475 over stock, or a single S366.

Will be used on stock motor/ built transmission.

I tow my 10k camper occasionally, and my boats and four wheelers on weekends.

Thanks

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
IMO twin it! If you get good tuning and do not currently use a turbo brake, you will not believe how much a good converter and turbo braking slows a load. You'll lose this if you go with the S366.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Twins are cool, a single 66 would work well for you also. Basically up to you and how much you want to spend. Both would work well for your app. imo

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
EGTs will be in better shape with compounds as well as better top end. After running both said options, it's a no brainer. Kinda like asking if the - dance would be more fun with one female or two!:roflmao:

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Half the price for the 366 and close to the same power of twins.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
S4 over stock and never look back, call trent at epr, he makes it purdy:thumb:

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I'm in the planning stages of taking off a single and putting together a twin kit. The fuel needed to spool and keep lit makes for warmer egts than I like when I tow my camper. I feel like twins are the way to go if you plan on towing. I loved my single but don't sled pull anymore so I'm not restricted on turbo/s

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Well, strictly from a financial standpoint, if you twin your stock charger( & plan it out right) first, you get the benifit, and fun of twins, right now. Then later after the stock charger fails, throw an upgrade in the valley. Twining the stock charger is the simplest most cost effective way to attain clean safe and fun power. In my dumb ass opinion.:hello:
:thumb:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I'm in the planning stages of taking off a single and putting together a twin kit. The fuel needed to spool and keep lit makes for warmer egts than I like when I tow my camper. I feel like twins are the way to go if you plan on towing. I loved my single but don't sled pull anymore so I'm not restricted on turbo/s
That's great news Ben glad you keeping the truck .

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
s475 over stock flows as much as as a single 472... the compound arraingement will outperform the 366.

however you cant pull in most classes with twins, the top end sucks compaired to a single, the oil temps are rediculous and the under the hood temps are out of control, my AC barely works when it gets over 92-94*

however twins spool great and are fun on the street. If you only need enough flow for the stock motor and tow all the time twins are the way to go. But if you want to push that and compete in any way id start by removing the factory charger.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
A real jewel of a post, for me at least. I always forget about how much hotter your oil gets running a twin, under hood temps, and i never thought of what affect this would have on the a/c:eek:
so is it reasonable to believe, pulling a pass with a 16,000lb trailer with twins, would duplicate(or worse) compitition conditions(stress and heat to critical engine components)?
Would replacing the stock charger for a 4094avnt be an adequate upgrade for use with a twin, to keep the turbo brake for towing, but also have a freer breathing top end, to be more competitive? More dual purpose?

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
Im not sure at all about the 4094 but if its stock appearing frame it might not be worth upgrading if your going twins anyway.

it might add a few HP but if the frames are similar to stock your not going to get the performance gains your looking for when upgrading the high pressure chager.

I have an lb7 so turbo breaking doesnt worry me :woott:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Good point! Yes the 4094avnt uses the exact same outline, and has the 1piece cast pedestal attached just like stock, im not sure, if internally the dimensions are the same/same flow potential, but i would assume so. Such a bummer, it seems there is not a very formidable option for those who want both worlds(turbo brake for towing, flow for performance) i keep going back and forth on this. :confused:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
It seems for the quick jump to an easy 600 daily driven hp, the answer is to twin the stock charger and add a tune, but what about the guys like me who also want to be able the drop the trailer, and shread some rubber at the track @ power levels +800hp? Is there no medium, it seems to do it "right"you either build to tow or build to play?

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Just put a billet 366 kit on my lly from Trent and aside from a couple fitment issues the setup is killer. This truck had an s464 kit on it when I bought it and that charger was just plain doggie for street driving. I would imagine that twins would have ill effect on oil temps just as described above. But I would not hesitate to put twins on with an added oil cooler to offset temps and make sure that I heat wrapped the shit out of everything to reduce temps as much as possible. Trent makes nice setups no matter which direction you go!