turbo?

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I am sure the 4094avnt is awesome I liked my Fixed geometry 4094 it just had too much lag.

If my truck was a LLY or LBZ I would probably get one.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I am sure the 4094avnt is awesome I liked my Fixed geometry 4094 it just had too much lag.

If my truck was a LLY or LBZ I would probably get one.

High flow manifolds and up pipes really wake up the fixed 4094. I was surprised on how quick it spooled after I installed the PPE manifolds and 2" up pipes on my Dad's truck. Cant wait to get a set on my truck but I have some other ends to tie up first.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Lol that is why I said upgraded (STOCK) turbo's, I wasnt putting down the 4094

I'll believe the hype when I see some track numbers. I know what JT did on a Danville charger at the track and I was there the day Jneal's truck ran low 11s on a Cheetah. Both pretty much full weight pulling trucks.

That being said, on your LB7, I'd go with an S300 of some kind. Plenty cheap enough and a lot of vendors now offer install kits that are affordable.

wilsonck

May 8, 2008
Calgary, Ab
I'm really happy with it so far. Once you get into the upper rpms it starts to shine. I'm starting to get used to the sound too.

Track opens in 16 days! :woott:

Have you tried towing anything with it yet? Gonna get it dyno'd at all?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Have you tried towing anything with it yet? Gonna get it dyno'd at all?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Towed a 12k lb trailer with mine from Phoenix to Needles. EGTs were really low and lots of power. IMO its a great turbo to tow with if you have the vain tables set up right.

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Caleb

He has the first contoler ever made by Fleece that allows you to install a vvt turbo on a lb7 truck.

Ok that makes more sense...

I just have the cast 66 and even worse the wastgated housing...

Still runs good, I dont have any disappointments about it at all, but I know how the billet 66 with the non-gated housings run too! :D

Caleb

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Well i think im sending mine off to get a billet 66 wheel im leaving my wastegate in unless i have to take it out see how it does

Its the flow characteristics and pedistal sizing that makes the difference. We can run a bigger A/R housing in T4 and get better road manners, response, and performance than with the smaller gated T3. The custom Billet 66 wheel helps out the left side of the graph as well, helps bring boost and torque on sooner.

Caleb

howie

Dec 26, 2009
Sawmills,NC
yeah a have the fleece controller and love it just wish it had the brake part as of rite now all i can do is control the turbo it doesnt have the full control like it wud on a lly r newer but i love having the vvt turbo on my truck spools a whole lot harder and faster than the stocker just hope this 4094 does even better and the sound is sweet:happy2:

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
O I c I wasn't planning on changing my pedistal out maybe ill look into it

Call me at the shop if you need some help getting it setup, Dallas Penn @ Suncoast ran 6.93 @ 100.05 in the 1/8th last night on a stock LBZ bottom end, and one of our Billet S366/73's. Truck weighs about 6K...

Caleb

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Call me at the shop if you need some help getting it setup, Dallas Penn @ Suncoast ran 6.93 @ 100.05 in the 1/8th last night on a stock LBZ bottom end, and one of our Billet S366/73's. Truck weighs about 6K...

Caleb

Curious how well will this turbo tow with the 73 turbine wheel??

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
When you run it with our recomended setup it tows fine. I Grossed over 30,000lbs with mine and it took it like a champ. The only dead spot I find is between 50-55mph which is my OD shift, but its only an issue when Im grossing 20,000+. Not to say its really an issue, it usually just downshifts and snaps right back to it.

I guess I should add I tow on about a 400RWHP tune anyway, and usually a click up on the DSP5 is more than enough to overcome those "issues"

Caleb