Tuning big injectors

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Almost looks like maybe the injector hammered up and down and broke that copper. Was the carbon above the copper? Was the injector srill tight?

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Ya it was a bit loose when I pulled the bolt on the hold down. It's all good now. I think its a bit hard to start because I've got a small leak I the valley cp3. Starts fine all day but leave it over night and it looses the fuel in the rails I'm assuming, but for the tuning it runs dang good. Tune 1 is like my old tune 5. Lol.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
For some reason I keep blowing out my block heater. The first one busted the o ring, the second time it didn't bust it but came loose some how (I think I didn't have the clamp for the bolt right though) any ideas why it would have done it In the first place? I've checked the radiator hose every morning and it is fine so no leaks.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Could be a leaky injector cup. Your 3rd tune has higher cylinder pressure that will cause more pressure in the coolant system.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I'm pretty sure I got it fixed now. It's so hard to stay off the pedal!! And I'm still just runnin tune 1!! Lol. I'm guessing by the seat of the pants tune 1 is around 550, tune 2 is 650, tune 3 700 or so from the few times I've been on that tune. Haven't ran 4 or 5 yet.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Lol I think tune 1 is more than enough for me!! Very fun to drive and spools wayyyyyy quicker than the 68 with stock sticks. You need to get your injectors in and put that 72 on also instead of trying to sale it. You'll love it. I honestly don't even know if I want to twin it now that I've driven this way. Lol.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
yep none of it is for sale anymore. when I had my trans out I checked the up pipe bolts t see how tight they were. once I have this lb7 block on the shelf I will gather parts or just keep buying good deals on here. I damn near bought the dual fueler but I want to go with a exergy single. your dual fueler I bet has a lot to do with how quick yours spool as well as your injectors. how does it sound idling with the ovals in there?

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Idling it sounds about like a regulator duramax with 5" exhaust but when you lay into it it's a COMPLETELY different animal! They sound amazing. I'll get a video soon.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Yes I made some adjustment from the tunes I sent you before, those where a little ruff. It runs amazing now. Running 75 she is clean as a whistle and I was getting 17.4 miles per gallon hand calculated against a little wind.