Tuff Country owners

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I found them for 1200 shipped. Just gotta decide between one and 3 piece subframe

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Mine is the one piece It seems like one piece would be better (Less movement) but I have not seen the 3 piece

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
I bought the 3 pc due to ease of installation and no failures with sled pulling/drag racing. My local truck store said the one piece is hard to get lined up.

I was told the 3 pc was stronger by the TC tech , but is it really i dont know, i know it strong enough for what i want to do ( hook to a sled! )

If you find out if H2's fit with a certain size tire or spacer please post, i want to run H2's this winter.

BTW i have seen guys with the TC lift run PYO's with 285's, i think a wider tire might rub.

Last edited:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Alright well I can get the 3 piece a bit cheaper so I think it will be that one. As far as wheels go im not sure how big of a spacer Ill need as I dont know if Tony Bs specs were for the first gen TC lifts. Ill ask tomorrow when I call.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Thanks for all of your help you guys. Go figure this is the first truck I will have ever put a lift on. Im used to lowering them all the time
New Benelli and new lift, the ducks are going to have a rude awakening this year :D

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Thanks for all of your help you guys. Go figure this is the first truck I will have ever put a lift on. Im used to lowering them all the time
New Benelli and new lift, the ducks are going to have a rude awakening this year :D

This is the smallest truck I have owned:rofl: I still get the lift bug bad, I have a buddy wanting to sell a 12" cognito that crosses my mind every day:eek:

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
You should have had it in the bed of your truck when you came to the car show at lowes. We could have made a weekend out of it. We have a lift and everything you would ever need.:D

cool!, im coming down in sept for the fall show, but cant wait that long, def would like to meet up though!

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Thats my only other dilemma. Finding a lift in town :(

You dont need a lift to do it but it definatley makes it easier. The hardest part on the ground will be man handling the front diff.

cool!, im coming down in sept for the fall show, but cant wait that long, def would like to meet up though!

Let me know when you are in route. We can get up and have a couple drinks:beer

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Im wondeing the effects of drag racing vs. pulling with the three piece? Will the bolts loosen with all the launches? what three parts make it a three piece? My 16in. PYO's clear with about 1/4" between the wheel and knuckle, while my 17's have no issues at all.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Russ the 3 piece is two crossmembers and a skid plate. So I'm thinking I gotta go with the one piece as it'll fit for sure. Trent I'm coming to Utah!