LMM: trucks falls on its face

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well i dont think no amount of hard part fixes would have fixed his problem. balance rates are great, holds 160mPa at idle buuuuuuuut

Its definitly not a stock tune lol. someone tried to tune his truck before he bought it from what i can see and they didnt do a very good job. under WOT, it starts to drain rail and hang the shift. the more it drains the rail, the higher the PW goes. i have a log of it hitting over 4000uS with 5,000psi of rail pressure hanging the shift before 4th gear. at 95% throttle she runs perfect and holds awesome rail.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I agree with Harbin. When pressure drops, pulse goes up, especially when it gets that low. You should pull the stock tune and take a look at it. It should be easy to see if it has been changed.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I am not sure. Maddmatt had the one I used before. It was digital and would record max and min. It wasn't a normal gauge, it was a square tool like piece.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I agree with Harbin. When pressure drops, pulse goes up, especially when it gets that low. You should pull the stock tune and take a look at it. It should be easy to see if it has been changed.

ah didnt know that! The tune that is in it is the one that was in it when he bought it. its not a stock tune by any means, the trail of black smoke out the tailpipe with a DPF still in place agrees with me lol.

his truck will hold 26k at 95%+ throttle till he hits WOT, then its game over. You might try a bottle test kevin and see if you get any fuel from the FPRV comin out. I still dont like the tune in it, it carrys a VERY high PW from the bottom left all the way up to 140mPa so as soon as PW starts to drop, PW starts sky rocketing quickly.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If you can have Steve look at the tune and give me his feed back. I may need to do the bottle test and check the vacuum at the gauge port but I want to eliminate the tune

I am real close to giving the truck to the wife and taking her car :roflmao:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If you can have Steve look at the tune and give me his feed back. I may need to do the bottle test and check the vacuum at the gauge port

I am real close to giving the truck to the wife and taking her car :roflmao:

lol its sent. hes out workin on his GFs car so may not be till tomorrow or so. Just dont go WOT and your good :D