LMM: trucks falls on its face

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My truck when i floor it from a stop will fall on its face at the end of first gear and display change fuel filter.

I have replaced the fuel filter there is no change it has gotten worse now that its hot out.

I was thinking of getting a lift pump but I am not sure why I would even need one.

Don't want to spend the money on a lift pump if I don't need to or buy one and it not fix it

Truck is stock to my knowledge I bought it used

any ideas?

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
On a lmm , if the ECM see's a drop in rail pressure ," like a p0087" code , it will say on the dic " change fuel filter " . Have you checked for codes ??

Built motor , duel fuelers , 60's overs , gtx4202r

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Well I have done some research and the causes could be anything from fuel lines collapsing filter head issue or injectors.

If it is the third one I am done with GM. I had a payed off truck and got tired of replacing injectors so I got a newer one thinking injector problems would not be something to worry about, so after spending $30,000 dollars I may have a truck with bad injectors that has only 86,000 miles and the injectors cost 4 times as much as lb7 injectors :mad:

How can I tell if my truck still has the powertrain warranty

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I don't trust any of them they will say the fuel filters bad or something else small next thing I know I will have a $1000 dollar bill and a still broken truck

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
sooooo, still hate them lb7s? :angel:

Sorry buddy, if you need me to hook the V2 up or something let me know. I really wouldnt think its injectors

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I will probably take you up on that offer I am gonna have a root around the truck this weekend to see if I can find any fuel line issues

The dealer is a last resort because they are typically dumber than me and just change parts

When I tried to have my lb7 fixed under warranty they told me I had a boost leak and that was causing it to load up with fuel and cause the smoke at idle

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Injectors do go out on the new ones too. It's under warranty still so let them work on it. That will not cost anything.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It's under on mileage but may be past the five years I'm not sure when it was originally purchased

Injectors should also fall under emmissions warranty

Last edited:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I will probably take you up on that offer I am gonna have a root around the truck this weekend to see if I can find any fuel line issues

The dealer is a last resort because they are typically dumber than me and just change parts

When I tried to have my lb7 fixed under warranty they told me I had a boost leak and that was causing it to load up with fuel and cause the smoke at idle

Cool just let me know!

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Well I have done some research and the causes could be anything from fuel lines collapsing filter head issue or injectors.

If it is the third one I am done with GM. I had a payed off truck and got tired of replacing injectors so I got a newer one thinking injector problems would not be something to worry about, so after spending $30,000 dollars I may have a truck with bad injectors that has only 86,000 miles and the injectors cost 4 times as much as lb7 injectors :mad:

How can I tell if my truck still has the powertrain warranty

Doubt it's the injectors unless someone was being cheap and ran bad diesel though it in the past.

Go meet up with James and log fuel pressure. Try changing out or shimming the FPRV too maybe it's weak.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
well this was really bugging me so I did a quick once over under the hood after work I tried to push down on the plunger and it was hard so that eliminates sucking air

I went to the driver side and saw this

the line is kinked on the bottom

I am not sure how to fix it though
Do I replace this whole line?

I hope this is the problem i figure it gets kinked slightly then sucks shut more under a load

Attachments

• download-1.jpg
    download-1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 176
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 165

gmac32

Dec 8, 2009
bellville ohio
That is exactly what happens.... There is another one that has a 90 degree bend under the driver's door that also gets kinked. Just buy like 10 feet of 1/2 inch fuel line and cut it behind the kink under the driver door but leave as much metal line there and slip the fuel line over it and put a clamp on it. At the engine pull the disconnect side of the line off and put your hose on and clamp it

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Once those lines kink, they are done for. All you have to do is take a cut off wheel and carefully cut the little collar off on each end and remove them. Disconnect the hose and replace it with new quality hose. Be careful when cutting the sleeve as there is a little bump on the hard lone to retain the collar.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Pretty sure thats a whole line all the way back to the tank unless they changed it on the lmm.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Well its fixed did a couple 0-100 pulls and no issues :D

There wasn't room to get a grinder in there so i cut the line as short as I could and stuck a barb in there and added 6" of that shitty blue hose that comes with the airdog and clamped it to the engine side

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Glad it is fixed. Good catch on the kink too. I don't know if I would ever have caught that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2