Truck died. Fuel issue.

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Well I'm going to pull the injector in the morning. If there is no noticeable damage, I'm going to swap the #3 and #1 injectors to see if it starts leaking on the #1 cylinder. If it does, I'll know it's the injector that's bad. If not... Then something with the glow plugs. Kinda sucks. These injectors only have 40k on them. :(

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
I really think it is. Jordan, his nitrous kit, stock trans and "shorty" stacks made this truck a bitch to work with. I've shown it a path of 11's, but gah damn! Shit keeps compounding.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I really think it is. Jordan, his nitrous kit, stock trans and "shorty" stacks made this truck a bitch to work with. I've shown it a path of 11's, but gah damn! Shit keeps compounding.

shits epileptic yo!! :D

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
shits epileptic yo!! :D
OUCH!!! Haha the motor is all new. As well as trans/front suspension and shocks and other things that count. The injectors are SoCal 60% overs with less than 40k on them. So idk what's up with that. Shit end of the stick I suppose.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I'm thinking a jet engine in the bed with a bunch of bungees will eventually get me the ET I'm after. :)

This is funny you should mention this. I was at an event about 5 years ago in Indiana. After the races we all went to some industrial building for a big after race get together. I have never seen so much mayhem, people where doing doughnuts (inches from the crowd) tug a war and even saw a guy with a ford truck with guess what??

He had a jet turbine setting in his bed with tie downs holding it down :rofl: He made a few passes and i could of sworn it was going to take off right out of this bed.. One of the more crazy things I have ever seen...

Pat, I'm sure I could find the guy if you are serious....LOL

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
OUCH!!! Haha the motor is all new. As well as trans/front suspension and shocks and other things that count. The injectors are SoCal 60% overs with less than 40k on them. So idk what's up with that. Shit end of the stick I suppose.

Lol sorry pat, its just gunna be stuck in my head what truck you have till shes sold. Any ideas on the fuel yet? Injector?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Make sure you check the tip. A guy up here just had a similar problem, bad fuel leak. Tip had come loose, re-torqued it, good to go. However his would run, your tip would have almost had to fall off to loose that much fuel. Anyways worth a shot. Torque is 50 ft lbs. 15mm deep socket.

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Well I took the #3 injector out (the one that was leaking) and swapped it with the #7 injector (known good) the fuel leak went away. However... The truck still won't start. I'm going to try to aquifer a V2 here shortly and make some logs of the truck as I crank it. At this point, I'm fresh out of ideas.

The injectors looked fine to me. The #3 was a little more gummed up looking than the #7 injector. But it didn't look like anything to be concerned about. I cleaned them up with some diesel before I swapped them.