Triples or twins over a 72 VGT?

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
I have an s480 over a danville 72mm
Towed my fifth wheel this week, egt's never climbed over 1300. Speed max was 65mph, 5th gear max. Boost was 15-22 cruising, not trying to hijack a thread just passing the info.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
are you doing it yourself?

Yes, help me choose stuff :) so far I'm doing:
Carrillo Rods
Finger Oval pistons
Arp head and main studs
Keyed crank and cam
Ati damper

16.5:1 compression ratio or 16.9:1? Closest to stock

Where would I find a gasket kit that has everything I need? I'm sure I'm missing something too so tell me if I am

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
also billet flex plate, arp's for that, girdle, billet holddowns, rocker studs, hamilton springs, chromoly pushrods....just thinkin off the top of my head

BLKLMM

<<< Slow Mamba
Jan 31, 2010
Oceanside
Yes, help me choose stuff :) so far I'm doing:
Carrillo Rods
Finger Oval pistons
Arp head and main studs
Keyed crank and cam
Ati damper

16.5:1 compression ratio or 16.9:1? Closest to stock

Where would I find a gasket kit that has everything I need? I'm sure I'm missing something too so tell me if I am

Henry has a complete gasket set....check out Creatures of the night....he is a vendor here:thumb:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Okay so I realized 1100 hp is a little unrealistic for my build, after all i don't want to spend all this money then have to buy new parts if something goes at 1100 hp. What if I say 850 hp then i can just run my 72mm VGT turbo and call it a day. I won't need a girdle for that will I? What would you guys recommend for a 850 hp build? 700-750 daily driver

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
mild builds would be around 10g's if you had someone do it, you could prob do stock cut and coated slugs, carrillos, head and main studs, keyed crank and cam, all internally balanced, stock heads flow enough for 1000hp so I would just get em decked and all the other small things but u get the idea, then obv throw some big fuel at it

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
mild builds would be around 10g's if you had someone do it, you could prob do stock cut and coated slugs, carrillos, head and main studs, keyed crank and cam, all internally balanced, stock heads flow enough for 1000hp so I would just get em decked and all the other small things but u get the idea, then obv throw some big fuel at it

I'm pretty set on finger bowl pistons haha. And how much do you think it would be if I did it myself? Would you have a shop assemble the short block or do it yourself? Is it pretty straight forward?

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
theres lots of people on here that can help but I just dont know if thats something I would want to tackle......just because im sure I could do it but theres always gonna be that voice in the back of my head wondering if I did some little thing right u know I dont wanna invest that much money into a build to have it blow up bc I did some little thing wrong or didnt break it in right.....thats just me tho

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
theres lots of people on here that can help but I just dont know if thats something I would want to tackle......just because im sure I could do it but theres always gonna be that voice in the back of my head wondering if I did some little thing right u know I dont wanna invest that much money into a build to have it blow up bc I did some little thing wrong or didnt break it in right.....thats just me tho

Yea I'm not too worried about putting it together as I've got a lot of help from friends, I'm just worried about getting everything right before I build it. Ill start a new build thread.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
my build I will have 8-10 k into mine ill have....
carrillos
.020" mahles 16.5 comp ratio
main studs
60-100 overs
all new gaskets ect
keyed crank & cam
manifolds and up-pipes
screw in cups
rebuilt heads
machine work

I already have billet flexplate, dual pumps, 66/480 billet/bat, head studs and 45% overs that are getting worked over. I wouldn't hesitate to push it to 1k couple times