Tried the dark side.....

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
...don't think I'll be going back. Cummins, P-stroke.... didn't like either. "That 6 in a row makes it go" BS should be "makes it slow"...

Picked up this Sierra today. LBZ, super clean, looks like an old fart owned it. Bed has no linex/rhino liner in it and doesn't need it.... it's an 8 yr old truck that looks like it hauled sheep wool and teddy bears for a living.(MikeL, you ever get deliveries from Vegas???). 89k miles and looks as good inside and underneath as the day it rolled off the showroom floor.

Anyways, no more Fords or Dodges for me....Stickin with what works.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Cool deal and nice truck. I know exactly what you are saying. The duramax Allison combo on a built trans and EFI is probably to greatest truck ever built. around 500hp they last pretty good too. Are you gonna leave it stock or give it the basic mods and drive the tires off it?:thumb:

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Lift, wheels, tires... probably a pipe and small tune. I pull too much shit around to try cranking the piss out of them anymore.

Hopefully be picking up a new toy shortly. I've got an 850hp hi-comp 427ci just begging for a home anyway...rather beat on that than the truck. :D

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i dont know if we should welcome you back Wes :roflmao:

out of fear of you kicking my ass, ill galdy do it though WELCOME BACK TO THE GOOD STUFF :D :hug:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I still wanna try a 6.7 SD. Such a good looking truck inside & out and seems the engines/trans are doing much better than previous year Powerstrokes.

I don't mind the Cummins one bit but I just don't have any desire to have a Dodge again.

I'll most likely never have anything but a GM diesel though - just don't think I can break the tie to em.

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
You mean those cummins can't really pull mountains behind their ghost trailer?

Lol. They pull alright.... Run out steam quick though.

i dont know if we should welcome you back Wes :roflmao:

out of fear of you kicking my ass, ill galdy do it though WELCOME BACK TO THE GOOD STUFF :D :hug:

Thx bud....ass kickin is a rarity these days. No one gets froggy anymore :D

Nice truck Wes!

Although you know LBZ's arent half the trucks LLY's are... :D

We shall see. I really liked my LLY....always kicked Joes ass around the track and street. Now I've stooped to his level :rofl:

Good to see you back Wes. Nice truck.

Thx

I still wanna try a 6.7 SD. Such a good looking truck inside & out and seems the engines/trans are doing much better than previous year Powerstrokes.

I don't mind the Cummins one bit but I just don't have any desire to have a Dodge again.

I'll most likely never have anything but a GM diesel though - just don't think I can break the tie to em.

Biggest game changer for me is the trans. Nothing shifts, drives or pulls like an Alli.... So nice to have one back under my feet.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Congrats Wes...Glad to see you went with the best Dmax made...It's refreshing to know the desert heat hasn't ruined your common sense...

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Love me a clean stock unmodested LBZ so I can do it :rofl:

Nice truck!
Thx. I keep eyeballing your threads. Full of good ideas.

Congrats Wes...Glad to see you went with the best Dmax made...It's refreshing to know the desert heat hasn't ruined your common sense...

Lol..... Oh it has ....I make questionable decisions every day. This just didn't happen to be one of those.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy

My take on the 6.7 Ford 350 goes something like this. The truck and chassis are real nice. The 6.7 is a good running engine up to a point and that point seems to be around 435hp. After that it's time to get the real mods out. The factory turbo is an 58 mm which has good spool and low end power but much too small. Average kit cost to go up to a 366 is around $4k. Next the fuel system with the cp4 is out of rail so either cp3 conversion or dual cp4. Pricey also. Then my biggest worry is the rods look like they may have been designed to run in a husk a Varna chainsaw! I will most likely be leaving this f350 of my wife's alone around 425-435hp and get me another dmax. I still have the lmm but would like another one in the stock charger stock fuel built trans lift pump line up. Those ones seemed to me to prove very reliable and still much fun to drive! That Lbz you got looks like it could fit just right around here!