Trans Shops in Colorado

TwiztedMetal

Aug 7, 2012
Colorado
I am planning on building my transmission soon and was hoping for some peoples input in builders here in Colorado. I know some places out of state that I have looked out but I want to check out some places in state.

Rico

Wheeler
Oct 21, 2012
Burlington, ON
Don's Garage is a good place. Mel is really knowledgable and does good work. He's in commerce city. (303) 295-2448.

Last edited:

Dragonsfireloki

Nov 6, 2011
North Dakota
I had diesel day dreams build mine when I was in colorado. They are a bunch of great guys and know their stuff. They took really good care of me. I will be having them do more work when the time comes.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Diesel Day Dreams in North Glenn did a great job on mine. Answered all my stupid questions and hung out and b.s.'d with me for a bit. He's done a couple other members over on DF. Wade did a great job working with me to drop off and pick up the truck (7 hrs away and I work 2 weeks on 1 week off).

mudder500

Jun 30, 2010
U wont find a better person then Wade Boyd at Diesel Day Dreams. That guy is great when it comes them. He drove down to get a truck while back from my boss and got to go eat with him. He is a neat freak on things

TwiztedMetal

Aug 7, 2012
Colorado
I talked to diesel daydreams and they said that they would build it for me but they would want to build there kit and I already have an Alligator Stage 5 kit. I might just have to build it myself.

TwiztedMetal

Aug 7, 2012
Colorado
There is a place in Fort Lupton called Rockin S Diesel that said they can do it. I know Rocky is great with Cummins and Powerstrokes but I am not sure about Duramax. Does anyone know about his work.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Yeah but also notice I said a 'few times', not once haha. Although I'd like to blame that on my homemade tuning. I have not heard bad things about Rockin S either. Why won't DDD use your kit?

TwiztedMetal

Aug 7, 2012
Colorado
The guy that answers the phone for Wade told me not to waste my money on that and for me to go with there stage 5+ build that they have. I wish I could of talked to Wade. I bet he would of been more than happy to do the build for me. I would take Dustin up on his offer but I am not that good with stuff like that. I could do a lot of stuff but not trans work.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
He won't do it with anothers kit cause he Probley takes pride in his work and don't want to build a trans that's not to his specs. That's like asking mike L to put a Ats kit in for ya. Maybe try to sell the kit you have and let him work his magic. Probley have a warranty that way also.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
If I go with him I will have to sell it. I might just have to see if Dustin could help me out

He will undoubtedly help you to learn about it as you put it together. Seeing the inside of your Trans and having the opportunity to get the satisfaction from doing it yourself will make enjoying its performance all the better!:thumb:

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
If you've got the time and space to do it I'd go ahead and build it yourself. I did mine myself but would have like to have more time. I had 1 week to take apart an Impala, build/install the transmission, transfer case pump rub, and install a new turbo. Best thing I can say is don't be in a rush, it's no fun.

I've never seen or dealt with an Alligator transmission kit but I would either use PPE or Suncoast. Nothing really agent Alligator but PPE & Suncoast have been doing kit for YEARS so they know more.

I installed a PPE stage 5 with a ML-G converter, I think that's what Mike L. sent me. I'm no converter expert, I told him what I do with the pickup and he sent the converter, thanks again Mike L. :thumb::thumb:

Like everybody says, TAKE YOUR TIME, have a neat clean work area, and check all your clearances. ATSG manual is a MUST to.

Just my $0.02
Good luck
Yellowchevy