Allison 6sp: torque converter

monkeyone

Mar 22, 2010
Well i thought i would try site and see if anyone knows if there is a check valve in/or somewhere on a allison 6spd.,as i thought i saw something about
it on another web site, have 44 poeple look at my post on Mikes garage but it appears nobody knows about a check valve on a allison 6spd. tranny.
I may be mistaken the problem i am haveing with my 2006 duramax is it that
the tranny will not engage until you run the gear selector thru the gears then the tranny locks up and you drive away,thank's

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Well i thought i would try site and see if anyone knows if there is a check valve in/or somewhere on a allison 6spd.,as i thought i saw something about
it on another web site, have 44 poeple look at my post on Mikes garage but it appears nobody knows about a check valve on a allison 6spd. tranny.
I may be mistaken the problem i am haveing with my 2006 duramax is it that
the tranny will not engage until you run the gear selector thru the gears then the tranny locks up and you drive away,thank's

Call me if you want some info.

monkeyone

Mar 22, 2010
Well i have talked to the tech. gmc shop he told me there is a ckeck valve in the
conveter,but would not tell me how much it would cost fix.
Out of 193 views nobody on this site has no idea about what talking about really sad.
thank's

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Call me if you want some info.

Well i have talked to the tech. gmc shop he told me there is a ckeck valve in the
Out of 193 views nobody on this site has no idea about what talking about really sad.
thank's

The best Allison guy in country told you to give him a call , I assumed you would call if you really wanted the info so i didnt respond :rolleyes:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
thank's

What's really sad is you can't spell or give us any info and you believe the gm tech who cannot give you a price on fixing a valve that does not exist.
Go away troll.

monkeyone

Mar 22, 2010
allison 6spd.

Well i have given this some thought and can anyone tell me why i could not get an answer in this forum and why i need to waste cell phone time when
this forum should give me what is needed to clarify the question,thank's

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
lol:rofl: must be out of this world to not want to spend a couple minutes.:rolleyes:
i wonder what it cost per minute from planet of the apes???

Last edited:

monkeyone

Mar 22, 2010
allison 6spd

Well,teabagger2006,i see 332 replys less my questions and still no answer,i
wonder why soooo many nasty remarks or is this the how moderators get
their kicks,i would think that if a person asks a simple question like i did that
there should be a straight forward answer,but no such luck on this site i guess it
is better and more fun to bad mouth some newbie then to give a simple and
straight forward answer thats all i was asking for and as for the cost of the
cell minutes it seems easier to put and answer on this forum,but i guess that is asking too much.
So i guess from yhe non answers i got from this forum makes me think do any
of you even know what you profess to know at all,thank's for the experiance.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Well i have given this some thought and can anyone tell me why i could not get an answer in this forum and why i need to waste cell phone time when
this forum should give me what is needed to clarify the question,thank's

ARE YOU FN KIDDING ME???

First off, what makes you think ANYONE on this forum is obligated to help you? We don't get paid for this. Any info or help given here is done for free and just to help fellow enthusiast's and racers out.

Secondly, one of the best damn trans builders in North America just offered up his services to you - FOR FREE!! You didn't buy a trans from him or get work done by him did you? He doesn't owe you SHT!!

Thirdly if you think your problem is not worth $5 on a cell phone call, then the problem can't be as bad as you claim and likely you aren't going to pay anyone on here to fix it either.

So in summary thanks for upping our member and overall post count. Or as Mike said, GO AWAY TROLL!

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Well,teabagger2006,i see 332 replys less my questions and still no answer,i
wonder why soooo many nasty remarks or is this the how moderators get
their kicks,i would think that if a person asks a simple question like i did that
there should be a straight forward answer,but no such luck on this site i guess it
is better and more fun to bad mouth some newbie then to give a simple and
straight forward answer thats all i was asking for and as for the cost of the
cell minutes it seems easier to put and answer on this forum,but i guess that is asking too much.
So i guess from yhe non answers i got from this forum makes me think do any
of you even know what you profess to know at all,thank's for the experiance.

:confused:

I know you may not have been around much (unless trolling), but alot of information is given out FREE over the internet and it is often times used to make a buck by other vendors OR many times is taken out of context or is too lengthy to type. Often times people read it on the Interwebby and then re-iterate it as "their" knowledge (most times incorrectly).

Most likely Mike has the answer and can explain 10 times better than he can put it into written words. If he did, ripoff artists can search the web and find information they will use to set someone else up.

I have called Mike on "simple" issues and have gotten a FREE education and gained more knowledge than a quick answer to my question would have provided. It may have cost $3.00 in cell phone charges, but saved me $100's in the process.

Stop stepping over dollars to pick up dimes.......and nobody OWES you anything

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Secondly, one of the best damn trans builders in North America just offered up his services to you - FOR FREE!! You didn't buy a trans from him or get work done by him did you? He doesn't owe you SHT!!

Thirdly if you think your problem is not worth $5 on a cell phone call, then the problem can't be as bad as you claim and likely you aren't going to pay anyone on here to fix it either.

I agree completely...

What the hell is so hard about giving mike a call? What takes 20 minutes for anyone to type/explain could easily be done in a 5 minute phone call.

Im laughing that you are whining about a $5 phone call but will post all day long on this forum...do you get your internet for free or something????

ben

BLKLMM

<<< Slow Mamba
Jan 31, 2010
Oceanside
For having a screen name " MONKEYONE" I'd say he isnt half as smart as one !!
Give me your address I will send you a calling card so you dont waste your precious cell phone minutes!! :rofl:

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
This clown called me today and bitched about how he was treated here. I kept my cool because I had a customer in the office and asked him if he needed some questions answered. He told me no and the info should have been posted without him having to call. I'm getting tired of this shit.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
This clown called me today and bitched about how he was treated here. I kept my cool because I had a customer in the office and asked him if he needed some questions answered. He told me no and the info should have been posted without him having to call. I'm getting tired of this shit.

What a schmuck sorry you had to deal with that Mike:eek:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

shoulda riped him a new one mike. i know you got doors in that office, ive seen them :D:D. Its people like that that ruin it for the rest of the hard workin, appriciative people.