Allison 6sp: torque converter

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
What a waiste to bitch about calling then call and not ask what you need to ask but to call and cry that is a waiste of a cell call.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
what a bitch. All he had to do is call in the first place. I don't know that many people that own and run a business , and still take TIME out of THERE day to explain something until you under stand it (FOR FREE)!!! If someone that I didn't know called me with a question in the middle of my day I would tell them to go F#(% them self. But I'm a ass:)

Mike's willingness to answer questions never sizes to amaze me.:thumb:

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Well i have given this some thought and can anyone tell me why i could not get an answer in this forum and why i need to waste cell phone time when
this forum should give me what is needed to clarify the question,thank's

Probably because you did not provide enough background. As far as we know, you're a Dodge diesel shop who is having trouble fixing a Duramax that you should not be working on to begin with. I get a few of those calls/PM's a week.

I certainly don't know everything, but I can't imagine why a torque converter would have a check valve in it, nor could I imagine how you could replace it if it did have one.

Calling the members here stupid is a little silly. If we are stupid, exactly how smart is it to ask us anything?

Here's how I would have posted if I were you:

Truck Won't Go In Gear:

I own a 2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 4x4 with 73,000 miles. I have a 4" exhaust, and an external trans cooler, otherwise it's stock. If I park for more than 4 hours, then go to drive again, I put it in drive and nothing. So I move the shifter between gears, and eventually after a couple minutes it starts to work right. It takes off a stoplight fine, tows fine, and you can feel the converter lock. I replaced the spin on 3,000 miles ago with my last oil change. It just started doing this yesterday. It has not thrown any engine or transmission codes.

A GM Tech told me it's a check valve in the Converter. I would like a second opinion since he wants to pull the trans to replace the converter.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Truck Won't Go In Gear:

I own a 2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 4x4 with 73,000 miles. I have a 4" exhaust, and an external trans cooler, otherwise it's stock. If I park for more than 4 hours, then go to drive again, I put it in drive and nothing. So I move the shifter between gears, and eventually after a couple minutes it starts to work right. It takes off a stoplight fine, tows fine, and you can feel the converter lock. I replaced the spin on 3,000 miles ago with my last oil change. It just started doing this yesterday. It has not thrown any engine or transmission codes.

A GM Tech told me it's a check valve in the Converter. I would like a second opinion since he wants to pull the trans to replace the converter.

If only everyone could post their questions like that.... :D

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
What an a$$#@!*. I truly am greatful and somewhat awestruck on how important businessmen can take time from THEIR day to answer some strangers questions FOR FREE! I hope the dealer charges this tool 7k for a whole new trans.

Last edited by a moderator: