Top 25 Stock Duramax's

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Wow I need a super sonic fuel cell for my truck.... GOOD GOD they make a truck go fast! 11.80?? Wow! Lol

All jokes aside, congrats charles, that truck leaves stupid hard

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The fuel cell in the van must be defective...

Congrats on the 11.80, Charles!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I know I'm out of place here but the reason for grief on stripping weight and items like the fuel cell is your changing things from being a Dailey driver full size pick up truck.

For instance with a fuel cell can it be Dailey driven? Sure but who is going to stop and get fuel every 30 miles? As pointed out to me ,that's just retarded!

Then when it comes to weight reduction what I'm assuming is it's suppose to be added back on to be driven Dailey. It's not that it can be but will it really be driven Dailey in it's return from race day to Monday? No matter it's a hard list to govern as anyone is going to push the rules to get to the top or higher up. Then you have the honesty factor?

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
What Mackin is trying to say is, will this truck be a stock daily driver monday morning? My truck always showed up at the track in full trim and left in full trim. And I'll say it again I'm truly impressed with the accomplishments of these guys but it just takes this list to a level the average weekend worrior cant compete at. The record is still a record, but this list was started to give the average guy a goal to strive for that could be obtained by anyone that owned a truck with simple bolt on mods. I'm truly amazed at the level these trucks were brought to even #25 is impressive and something to be proud of. But now that complete striping, fuel cells, racing seats etc. are allowed you will only have a handful of guys shooting for a spot on this list. The rest of the stock dmax community will simply sit back and watch now knowing they cant compete with there true daily driver.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I know I'm out of place here but the reason for grief on stripping weight and items like the fuel cell is your changing things from being a Dailey driver full size pick up truck.

For instance with a fuel cell can it be Dailey driven? Sure but who is going to stop and get fuel every 30 miles? As pointed out to me ,that's just retarded!

Then when it comes to weight reduction what I'm assuming is it's suppose to be added back on to be driven Dailey. It's not that it can be but will it really be driven Dailey in it's return from race day to Monday? No matter it's a hard list to govern as anyone is going to push the rules to get to the top or higher up. Then you have the honesty factor?

How is this different than the guy who runs a 1/8th or less tank and has to bring a 5 gal can to top it off? I tried a DD fast list thead on another website and you will never end this pissing match of what is a DD. If guys want to push the limits of a stock engine let them, set a weight limit if you want to limit striping a truck, say stock engine, turbo and fuel with lift pump only, no 4 link and somewhere between 5500-6000 lb
IMHO a "top" anything list should be hard to get on, and not any joe with a stock worktruck should be able to get to the top of it
And yes I know I don't have a dog in this fight, just throwing out ideas

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
What Mackin is trying to say is, will this truck be a stock daily driver monday morning? My truck always showed up at the track in full trim and left in full trim. And I'll say it again I'm truly impressed with the accomplishments of these guys but it just takes this list to a level the average weekend worrior cant compete at. The record is still a record, but this list was started to give the average guy a goal to strive for that could be obtained by anyone that owned a truck with simple bolt on mods. I'm truly amazed at the level these trucks were brought to even #25 is impressive and something to be proud of. But now that complete striping, fuel cells, racing seats etc. are allowed you will only have a handful of guys shooting for a spot on this list. The rest of the stock dmax community will simply sit back and watch now knowing they cant compete with there true daily driver.

I agree...but my slow ass truck will never make this list. Make a set of rules and follow them. Or keep having 20 plus pages of bitching back and forth.
Just my :2cents:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
How is this different than the guy who runs a 1/8th or less tank and has to bring a 5 gal can to top it off? I tried a DD fast list thead on another website and you will never end this pissing match of what is a DD. If guys want to push the limits of a stock engine let them, set a weight limit if you want to limit striping a truck, say stock engine, turbo and fuel with lift pump only, no 4 link and somewhere between 5500-6000 lb
IMHO a "top" anything list should be hard to get on, and not any joe with a stock worktruck should be able to get to the top of it
And yes I know I don't have a dog in this fight, just throwing out ideas

An 1/8 tank or less will make you slower using the stock tank. I think the rules are being invented as we go allong. I think what you guys have acomplished is absolutely fantastic; but the fact is you are not stock.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I run a 1/8-3/16 tank at the track, but I have a sump :woott:

Really if you build the trans is it "stock" or a guy with just bolt on parts? Pulling a trans and putting a shift kit in along with clutches seems far from it. Seem like the goal was stock engine air and fuel + lift pump, and and no one said anything about weight b/c a RCLB is not the same as a CCLB.
Why not have the same rules as SS and add in the stuff you guys want to with the engine/fuel/air?

http://www.nhrda.com/Rules.htm

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I guess some of you guys will never grasp the concept. This list came about as a means for the average joe to compete and have a goal to strive for.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I guess some of you guys will never grasp the concept. This list came about as a means for the average joe to compete and have a goal to strive for.

The problem is there is no average guy-some guys will make time to pull the spare, hitch and extra seats out for the weekend while others will say that's cheating, since they don't want to bother with it, and if you take the tools out of the tool box it shouldn’t count. Then there are those that want it so bad they will drive around with the truck gutted out and be happy with it if it means a few 10ths at the track. Hell there are guys that run around all the time with a cage in the truck and are happy with it, and that truck gets driven on the streen more than some 100% stock dmaxes. IMHO that is why there has to be set rules, and if you want to stop the list from being one of who can gut the most set a weight limit.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I guess I missed the part where the trucks had to be daily driven. I was always under the understanding that we were looking for a stock MOTOR in a factory application. I have done as much or more weight reduction in the van as anyone, but I can promise I didn't do it for this list. At the time, I wasn't even thinking about the list, but if you look back, I did ask if the van would be allowed. I was told it would. Funny how things change after just a few months.

Just for reference.

So, if I run fast enough in the van, can it be on the list? It is a factory equipped Duramax, and the motor is 100% stock.
Hell yes you would! That would be awesome, and you KNOW that lotsofmiles will go nuts! :rofl:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I guess I missed the part where the trucks had to be daily driven. I was always under the understanding that we were looking for a stock MOTOR in a factory application. I have done as much or more weight reduction in the van as anyone, but I can promise I didn't do it for this list. At the time, I wasn't even thinking about the list, but if you look back, I did ask if the van would be allowed. I was told it would. Funny how things change after just a few months.

Just for reference.

Only reason is they don't like people faster than them lol, i'd say throw that thing on the list, it's a dmax in factory body, who cares if it's a truck or a van! That thing was awesome to watch, first time i saw that thing at the world finals :thumb: