Oct 7, 2009
here is mine used to be leveled now it has a 2 inch shackle I like a lot better

Last edited:

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
here is mine used to be leveled now it has a 2 inch shackle I like a lot better

Finally painted those mirror bases huh boy? Looks much better. Need to remove the 4x4 sticker :thumb:

I love how mine looks lifted, but it feels (and I'm sure it is) So much slower:cool2:

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Yea the mirrors look ten times better the 4x4 sticker is pulling the clear of so it's staying
It rides a lot better lowered

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Love em low...

Did my own custom 3/5 basically. Front has just a noticeable amount of camber... wears the insides inch of the tire a little more than the rest, but not terrible. Ride quality suffered though...

I would consider dropping the t-bars down a bit and going 2-3" lower in the back... ride quality wont get ruined, won't have to mess with the hangers etc. but it will look sweet :thumb:

Attachments

• TJI_LOWERED_DMAX.jpg
    TJI_LOWERED_DMAX.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 88

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Love em low...

Did my own custom 3/5 basically. Front has just a noticeable amount of camber... wears the insides inch of the tire a little more than the rest, but not terrible. Ride quality suffered though...

I would consider dropping the t-bars down a bit and going 2-3" lower in the back... ride quality wont get ruined, won't have to mess with the hangers etc. but it will look sweet :thumb:

Looks good... But were is the rest of your stack at? Haha that thing is short. Does it get soot on the back glass?

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Looks good... But were is the rest of your stack at? Haha that thing is short. Does it get soot on the back glass?

Thanks!

It's partially the angle of the picture... it's about 6" from the roof line. It does get some soot on the glass (top 2-3 inches) and some on the roof edge. Not terrible, but it builds up over time.

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
I put a tip on our diesel Liberty just a bit longer than the bumper 2'' maybe. Cutoff the factory turndown pipe tip. Looks better but it will soot up the back tailgate of the Jeep now if you sit in traffic etc. after 2 weeks it's covered with soot and dust I think it's the oil in the smoke. I use 2 stroke oil in the fuel with Power Service Silver product. It was alot cleaner with the turndown end tip on it from factory just have to find out after it's changed I guess. I intend to heat the pipe for new tip and point it down more to shoot the exhaust down more.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Do I have to run a shorter shock? Just curious because I might want to bring it back up to stock height

sent via tapatalk by your forum daddy!!!

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
If you are going to run it with stock height up front and 2 inch drop out back, Stock height shocks all the way around :D (or so I've been told).

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I'm planning to completely drop the stock keys up front and have a total of 2.75" drop in the rear

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
just lower t-bars and leave rear stock.
picture.php

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I think you should be ok with stock shocks but I went with the ranchos and it's a huge difference

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I think you should be ok with stock shocks but I went with the ranchos and it's a huge difference

I'm fixing to change shocks is why I asked about the length. Looking at the adjustable ranch 9000

Thanks for the answers!

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Here's my front with the keys dropped all the way. Rubs like crazy but nothing a sawzall and hammer can't fix...

I'm digging the stance. I'm going to try to drop the rear this weekend if possible and see how I like everything. If it looks good, ill go ahead and re-mount the airbags and spec the track bar mounts so I can get it wrapped up.

BTW, wife hates it already... I might not win this battle...

a6f9c08d-cbfd-8fe7.jpg

a6f9c08d-cc0f-0c9a.jpg

Only reason I dropped them was to go play in 4wd since I haven't launched after supporting the front steering components. Here's the launch on a back road running the 478hp tune, 30psi front, 28 psi rear and 18psi launch. Road is not good for traction at all. I also need to log the trans to make sure the converter is locking up correctly.

[flash=http://www.youtube.com/embed/4Q9m6eouix0]width=420 height=315[/flash]

until i can figure out the embeding...here's a link: http://youtu.be/4Q9m6eouix0

Last edited: