to lower or not to lower???

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I'm planning to still tow goosenecks with my truck lowered and the overload removed. That's why I'm keeping the airbags, hoping they still hold it up. Of all the loads I've pulled, the airbags could always raise my rear off the overloads with ease so i think there should be no problem after the overloads are removed. I don't typically tow over 10k lbs either. We shall see!

Probably not a lot of lowered guys towing since most of them lower there trucks for the track. But maybe some will chime in??

And I'm dying to have 22's but I'm not going to spend the money for the swap. My 20's will have to do for now, just bought another new set of tires too.

delivered via tapatalk by your forum daddy!!

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
You can always crank the tbars down (lower the front) and add some weight in the back to temporarily lower the rear. Then take a step back and look at it. This will show you what it will look like with 2" shackles and dropped tbars. If you wanna see what it looks like with a small lift, take a jack and lift the truck up, front and back, to the point were the wheels are barley on the ground. This will stretch the suspension And when you take a step back and look at it, it will give you an idea of how it will look with maybe a 4" lift.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
I'd go with stock height in front with 2" drop shackles in back. With the larger tires and rims, it will fill the well nicely!:D

x2 this is the way i would go. i did it and loved it. stock height up front with tbars all the way down looks/rides awesome.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Ok I know this isn't a 5er but it weighs quite a bit. My bars r still down all the way but my stock shackles r still in cause I just pulled it last weekend. I swap out my 3" drop shackles and wheels and tires when I pull the truck. I wouldn't hesitate to hook this up with my back dropped. I still run all my leaves though.
IMG_5268.jpg

Jacy_dzlguy

lots to learn...
Aug 27, 2011
South Florida
Im wanting to do a 2/4 drop and im going to need airbags even if i dont remove my overloads. There is no room between the axle and frame for airbags if its lowered. I could put them on the inside of the frame but i dont think i can fit big enough ones without taking my exhaust off and i really like how it looks. What do you guys think about mounting bags behind the axle?? Like the bottom would be mounted on brackets welded on the bottom of the axle that stick out the back and the top would bolt to the bottom of the frame. Would this work? Sorry about the long post but i cant decide what to do :hmm:

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
There is a guy on one of the forums that has a 6/8 drop on a dually that runs custom bags. Wish I could remember his tag. I think it's *****62 or something.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Is that the guy that has the setup with no leafsprings?

Man I can't remember. I'm a douche. He's got a bad ass dropped white dually. There is a thread about lowered trucks on here I think, if not it's on the DF. He had a pic of it with a 5er and the thing wasn't squatting at all.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
There might b two trucks I'm thinking of. I found one, his tag is baggedlb7. It's 4 linked with bags. I'm gonna try and find the other truck. I was thinking it still had leaves.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Ok the other truck is on DF, he is *****62. White dually on a 6/8 drop c notched frame, airbags. Sorry for one million posts but it bugs me when I can't figure shit out.

Edit:I guess I have to spell it backwards, rhymes with dick. kcirP

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
The guys name is P rick62 :D

I loved the lowered stance when I had my LBZ. Not too many functioning 4wd's with a 4/6 drop.. :thumb:

I need to get a 2" drop shackle for mine soon.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I have the 2" drop shackles and all the parts to build my trac bars so the rear should be good and solid with no overloads.

I think im going to use 2 sticks of 1" square tubing across the inside of the frame to reconnect the airbags. I'm going to reuse the mounts that came with the bags too so i can always go back by just unbolting.

delivered via tapatalk by your forum daddy!!