to lower or not to lower???

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
ok, i'm having the hardest time figuring out what to do.

I'm thinking about lowering my truck 2.5-2.75" in the rear and 3" in the front to give it a nice sporty stance. I just don't know if I am going to like it or not. Plus, I have to relocate my air bags in the rear because I will be removing my overload spring and I need the bags to tow with.

such a hard choice!! What do yall think????? help a brotha out!!

Here's pretty much what it looks like now:

2010-05-24191233.jpg

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
lol!! i knew thats what you would say! :thumb: you think 2.5" is enough? I don't want it to look like all the 1/2ton trucks. needs to be a little differentiated!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think it would look pretty good if you dropped it by half of the distance you have between the front tire and the fender in that picture.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
stock height lvl'd with 315 70 17s :D my point is its your truck what do you like?

If your serious about drag racing slam it if you need to tow and multi task it find a happy medium,I like the looks of a lift but i dont feel like carwling up in the bed just to get my hitch out or stuff like that,

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I'm not much for lowered 4x4s or dmaxs. Kinda ass backwards if u ask me. Like the way it looks now. Or 4in and up looks good to. If u wanna race that's one thing but other then that go up. But its your truck. U do what u like or looks good to u. Good luck. Either way it can't look bad! Startin with a dmax. Can't make them look bad.

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
I'd go with stock height in front with 2" drop shackles in back. With the larger tires and rims, it will fill the well nicely!:D

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
I dropped mine and havent looked back. The ride is much better, handling is awesome, mileage is up slightly, and its awesome to just slide into the drivers seat instead of climbing up into it. :thumb:

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I dropped mine and havent looked back. The ride is much better, handling is awesome, mileage is up slightly, and its awesome to just slide into the drivers seat instead of climbing up into it. :thumb:

Exactly. I ran mine leveled with 35's for 2 years and if I wanted to do anything in 4x4 I had to drop the bars. F that. Took me awhile to figure it out. Plus the lady and kids arent bitching about it being too high anymore.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
My wife thinks it needs to be tall, she is used to lifted trucks not lowered trucks. I really like the sporty look that same of you have with the lowered trucks, just looks fast!!

I don't race much, but i don't want to have to drop the bars when I do. Especially if it is spur of the moment. Lowering it would help solve that problem. Plus the ride would be better and 90% of my driving is highway so that's another plus.

I'll see what I can figure out on the bags. I'll solve that before dropping it, just looks like a pain! Have to wait until a free weekend. If it doesn't happen this weekend I'm pretty well booked through the end of october... Sux!

Thank you all!

delivered via tapatalk by your forum daddy!!

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Def been a lifted fan my whole life.. The street looks are rubbing off on me.. new in the garage and tires on the way .. lowering the T bars and thinking about drop shackle in rear myself
picture.php