LLY: Time to build the motor

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Before this one I started it and let it run for about a second or two, at the end of this video I let it run for a second. Should I let it run longer? I'm a little scared. Lol.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Well considering it is a fresh build and I'm sure still has air in the fuel system and oil in and around the combustion chambers, it will deffinately smoke and knock.

I would at least fire it up and let it run for 5-10 seconds to see if it smooths out. Can't tell much from a 1 second cackle.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Has it thrown a code for it missing? May still just be working things out.

All the connections good on the dual fueler setup? Had a buddy install a dual fueler on his truck and had some sloppy connections and it knocked real bad. Rail pressure was all over the place to.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Alright guys everything is good except for that stupid elbow on injector return line. Truck runs good, driver side rail had a leak fixed that and no more lope. Put tunes on it idles good, balance rates are all good except for #5 injector. It sits around +5 and has a light white smoke. Could the white smoke be because of that one injector? I'm gonna run some additive through it and see if it cleans it up. I also just got a power steering leak to now at the gearbox some how. Only leaks when I turn the wheel so I'm guessing it's just a line.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
little stuff! She will be ripping in no time!! Just relax and take 1 thing at a time until it's perfect. :thumb:

What dual cp3 kit are you runnin? I've got the Ppe kit and I can grab the wheel and move it back and forth about a millimeter and kinda scared me. I've got it pressed on there the tightest I could get it. Just not sure about it.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Industrial Injection kit, but I believe it's the same as the PPE kit. I'll have to grab the wheel and see but it don't think there is any movement unless I havent noticed it.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
It's I. The cp3 I think. The whole shaft moves with the wheel. I drove the truck and it runs great. Sounds completely different with the pistons and turbo!

duramaxftw

07.5 LMM
Jan 14, 2013
Orange, VA
Glad to see you got her up and running. Seems like my old turbo is serving you well. You must have a muffler on your truck, mine was twice that loud lol