This is why you block your EGR

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, I can tell you that a leaking/broken EGR system will cause excessive regeneration events to a 6.7 Cummins, so Id imagine it'd be the same for a Dmax.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
We use BG products at work, and they are very good! Made here in Wichita, KS too:D

Unfortunatly, at Bavarian Automotive, we have nothing to do with diesels. I doubt my boss would take in a diesel BMW:( But the BG stuff for gassers we use. Our customers love the stuff too. We've used BG's 244K fuel system cleaner in my former old 95 stroke and it helped it out. I use BG's fuel conditioner in my diesels too, tiny bottle and treats alot of diesel. Use that for lube to ULSD. We've ordered some diesel stuff for a few customers too. I have heared of the the diesel cleaning tool too.

Myself however, i would remove most of the fouled intake system parts and clean them by hand real well, till bare clean bare metal again. And then use an intake cleaning system to follow up with the hard parts.;)

06WhiteLBZ

Diesel Addict
Yeah....please advise the best thing to use.... be it a BG product or anything else???

I'm probably not going to be taking too many things apart on the truck but if there is something I can pour in the gas or take the air cleaner off and spray in the intake or whatever it be....I'd sure like to know because I would like to do something that might help even a little bit.

My truck had 156,000 miles on it when I bought it and it never had any mods done to it at all..... I blocked the EGR at about 160,000....so I can only imagine what the inside of mine looks like!

Don_G

Apr 28, 2010
Anybody have pics of am intake with EGR still active, but PCV rerouted/bypassed?

I want to preserve my warranty, so I can't block the EGR due to the necessary tune.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Only trucks with EGR's need to worry about the intake being clogged by EGR. LB7's do NOT usually have them, unless it was a cali truck. LLY and newer all need to block there egr's

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
No. You need to have the EGR codes tuned out with EFI live, or get a finger stick from kennedy diesel. One other member on here actually modified his EGR motor so the ECM still thought everything was there and working. Never saw any pictures of how he did this, but he said you just pull the EGR motor and rig a metal cup in front of the plunger/rod/thingy. He didn't use EFI Live or a finger stick.

Jan 19, 2010
california
i ran it around for a few miles and it didnt throw andy codes so hope fully i wont have to do any of that. when i did my exhaust it didnt throw a code either.

Jan 19, 2010
california
i ran it for a few miles and it didnt thow a code but we will see what happens. my truck didnt thow a code when i did my exhuast either i hear some will and some wont throw the code

FullSpec

Served cold.
Apr 6, 2009
"fe9 on the table on the inside glove box"

i just intalled my egr delete pipe and my egr feed ports were 80% blocked off, and when i romped on it after i put it togther i got a cloud of grey ash come out the exhaust, i guess the intake tract had a lot of soot in there.

i have a fed truck and i left my egr harness unhooked, no ill effects, personally i dont mind looking at a cel on all the time especially when its on for some b.s. like iah or egr

Team Overkill

<---Where my money goes
Oct 15, 2009
Illinois/Nebraska
I ran my egr blocked for a couple years without efi live or a finger stick. I never threw a code when i was set stock, but for the rest of the time i had a ppe tuner on it.