This is why you block your EGR

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
The pcv is causing most of the problem. It provides the sticky oil for the soot to attach to. Water/Meth cleans very well. Last time I checked my intake tract it was pretty clean.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
that is god for pre-ignition... what about after?

This is the reason I only recommend windshield washer fluid or just water (no 50/50 stuff). The Sea Foam goes in the fuel for a timed combustion (no cure all though). The windshield fluid does a far better job at cleaning, cooling, and power adding. No huge nozzles though. Fine misting is the key here.

Last edited:

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
good to see ya aorund Micheal, its been awhile, I hope everything is goin well. I also am beliver in water injection it will clean your heads up. I dont like meth because of the increased cylinder pressure I am afraid with my boost and no head studs the meth will put me over the edge.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
I need to get a blocker plate. My truck has 44,000 miles on it, I just need to do it already. Do the PVC reroute as while i'm in there. I don't want shit in my enigine. I plan on owning this truck for awhile and don't want any issues related to this. I just have my EGR valve unplugged for right now I hope that has helped some.

Last edited:

motohed

dirty payback
Apr 15, 2008
escondido, ca
man those pics scare me!!:eek: i better do a blocker plate! i thought just turning it off with EFI would be fine enough... but i didn't know it can do that:eek:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Intake tract on mine is spotless clean, prolly from the M/W all though i don'tn have EGR there was some grunge when i got it and shes like new now:D

FYI, I've run 45% methanol @ 32psi boost with no issues, completly stock internals, headgaskets, etc. And thats with 2 big @ss nozzles, about 2qts of mix in a 1/4 mile run!

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Intake tract on mine is spotless clean, prolly from the M/W all though i don'tn have EGR there was some grunge when i got it and shes like new now:D

FYI, I've run 45% methanol @ 32psi boost with no issues, completly stock internals, headgaskets, etc. And thats with 2 big @ss nozzles, about 2qts of mix in a 1/4 mile run!

:eek::cool2:

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I am not sure how to get it out of the motor. I cleaned the intake runner in my solvant tank it that crap us hard to get out. I do not think anything will get that crap off out of the runners and the valves whale the engine in together.

What made you take it apart? Any outward signs or symptoms of a problem. I am thinking it may reduce mpg if it is clogging. After reading this thread I am considering pulling mine apart for inspection.

Lonnie

Horsepower Addict
Mine was terrible like that as well. It took me a ton of cleaner to get it out.

Water/Meth injection may take thousands of miles to clean things up. Mine took a bottle of superclean with scalding hot water & a brush/scraper to get the intake tract clean.

D-Max

2006 Chevy 2500HD LT-3 4X
Jan 20, 2009
Wyo.
I blocked my LBZ the day i bought the truck...had maybe 10 miles on it, also did the PCV reroute the same day, my 01 and 02 LB7 dont have the dam EGR valve so all's well, .............. also did the power-steering cooler mod as well.;)
P1030049.JPG

Attachments

• P1030049.JPG
    P1030049.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 131

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
good to see ya aorund Micheal, its been awhile, I hope everything is goin well. I also am beliver in water injection it will clean your heads up. I dont like meth because of the increased cylinder pressure I am afraid with my boost and no head studs the meth will put me over the edge.

pull the timing back and run a milder street tune

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Sure glad I blocked and re-routed shortly after I bought my truck. That is gross!!

My '04 6 liter PSD Service Truck plugged off the intake twice in 300 000km and it had to go in about every other month in the winter to get a new egr sensor and egr valve put in. Emissions controls suck!!

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
i deleted my whole egr a few weeks ago what a mess.

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Its got to be related to driving conditions. I blocked my lbz at about 129,000 miles. average speed on the truck is about 56mph, so not a lot of idleing or city driving. It wasnt nearly as clogged as many I've seen with 30-40,000 miles on them

Last edited:

jmoore

POOR BOY
May 29, 2009
VA
Hey there the company i work for BG products makes the EGR tool that cleans the Ford 6.0. They now have the adapters to service the Duramax and Cummins. Best part u don't have to remove or take apart anything. The service is done with the truck running.:cool2:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
There is no way the PVC is the sole cause, but the EGR and PVC together is the problem. I bet the PVC alone will clean out the intake if you block off the EGR. Removing soot is why there is additives in diesel oils.