The "might as wells?'

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
Went ahead and bit the bullet tonight...ordered 3388AF cam, bearings, Chromoly pushrods, and beehive springs/titanium retainers from SoCal! Looks like all that's left is to order a new LML crank and some pistons, once I find out what size to order! Talk about something snowballing...sheesh!

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
Absolutely! I'm hoping to find out a general timeline from the machine shop today. I'll be out at Atco as soon as she's back together and tuned.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Nice! I'm pretty much under a rock until April 15th now, but I do my best to pop out now and then, lol. It's not fun but it's a living, lol.

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
Heck, sounds like I need to give you a call for tax prep then :hug: The V2 was one of the first things I bought for the truck, way back when. Thanks, though!!

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Sure! Any excuse to BS about trucks, shooting, or taxes, LOL. My last appointment tonight was with one of my shooting buddies. We went to my house and spent a few minutes on the reloading press after, hahaha.

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
So my parts list thus far includes:

Danville 68mm Stg2R Turbo
Carrillo Forged Rods
Fingers Pistons, Coated, Weight Matched
New LML Crank
ARP Main Studs
ARP Head Studs
SoCal 3388AF Cam
SoCal Beehive Springs, Titanium Retainers, Hardened Cups
SoCal Chromoly Pushrods
Lightweight Rocker Bridges
Master Gasket Set
Main Bearings
Rod Bearings
Cam Bearings
High Flow Y-bridge/Intake
ProFab Manifolds
ProFab Up-Pipes
MBRP Down Pipe

As far as I know, the only remaining items I need to get are a CP3 and injectors, plus some billet injector hold downs. I'll hold off on all of that and let the Amex cool down until after the machinework and assembly are finished :)

Anybody have suggestions for other supporting parts that I "might as well" go ahead and get? Recommendations on a CP3/Injectors? I think at this point that I'm going to get Chris's (Blackmax123) 60 over injectors as long as his sale time and my buy time line up. Would a 10mm CP3 cut the mustard with this setup and leave room for growth?

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
Sure! Any excuse to BS about trucks, shooting, or taxes, LOL. My last appointment tonight was with one of my shooting buddies. We went to my house and spent a few minutes on the reloading press after, hahaha.

Nicely done!!!!!!

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
What's the reasoning for upgrading the flexplate and damper? As soon as my new LML crank arrives I need to get everything to the machine shop... just dawned on me tonight that it seems like everybody and their mother upgrades both when they build an engine.

What's wrong with the stockers?

2007 dmax

Mar 2, 2014
The after market dampners simple help with harmonics better is my understanding. And as far as the flex plate flywheels combo stock its a 2 piece design an with the added hp you will break the center out of your flex plate. Any aftermarket ones are all 1 piece so you will just need longer torque converter bolts.

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
Well then...in the tradition of this build.... might as well call SoCal tonight and place another order.

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
Those guys make it way too easy to order.... and I figured while I had them on the phone, I might as well go ahead and order billet injector hold downs and main studs. The list continues to grow!

Last edited:

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
Any suggestions for compression ratio? Gotta order my fingers soon!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk