LB7: The dream is becoming a reality

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Great read buddy!!! I've been around for a bit of the ride..... mainly the drunkin nights wanting to do a smokey pull off on a flat road at dusk....lol I'm gonna have yank mine apart here real soon... again. So we will see what all is.....bad....... with mine. Lol head up and god speed tape worm!!

Sent from a greasy hand under the hood of my....... well soon enough.....mine.... again.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Great truck:thumb:
Great thread, glad to see you're still having fun, really that's what it's all about:D

I relate to you in so many ways, our lives have many parallels, my parents divorced, remarried, divorced, on both sides, I too was raised by my grandparents, have serious ADHD, no meds I also have refused them and believe in self motivation and will, while I didn't loose a sister at her/your age (my condolences, may God bless both of you) my little sister took her next to last breath in my arms less than 24hrs after she was born when I was 7, I'm almost 40 and I still remember it like it just happened and I too visit her sometimes, and actually she was a twin one little angel I never met.
Congrats on getting a college degree, I just started my own business shortly after high school as a framer and went on to build custom homes, and now I stay at home with my handicapped daughter. I also fell in love with the Duramax and diesel power and the turbo diesel sound and I envy that you're so capable, I wish I had the space and time to tear into my truck like you have, race it, and I wish I had friends with a similar mindset like yours, mine are fuddy duddy types that don't understand my passion for power and things automotive.

You are an inspiring young man, and FWIW you have my respect young sir.:angel:

Take care and keep up the good work :) I look forward to your next triumph

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
Great read buddy!!! I've been around for a bit of the ride..... mainly the drunkin nights wanting to do a smokey pull off on a flat road at dusk....lol I'm gonna have yank mine apart here real soon... again. So we will see what all is.....bad....... with mine. Lol head up and god speed tape worm!!

Sent from a greasy hand under the hood of my....... well soon enough.....mine.... again.

What happened to yours!? I will be making a visit to villa Grove this spring!!

nice thread man, glad i made it in at least one pic even though i was there for a few others
I can't find a lot of them from some of those meets!

Great truck:thumb:
Great thread, glad to see you're still having fun, really that's what it's all about:D

I relate to you in so many ways, our lives have many parallels, my parents divorced, remarried, divorced, on both sides, I too was raised by my grandparents, have serious ADHD, no meds I also have refused them and believe in self motivation and will, while I didn't loose a sister at her/your age (my condolences, may God bless both of you) my little sister took her next to last breath in my arms less than 24hrs after she was born when I was 7, I'm almost 40 and I still remember it like it just happened and I too visit her sometimes, and actually she was a twin one little angel I never met.
Congrats on getting a college degree, I just started my own business shortly after high school as a framer and went on to build custom homes, and now I stay at home with my handicapped daughter. I also fell in love with the Duramax and diesel power and the turbo diesel sound and I envy that you're so capable, I wish I had the space and time to tear into my truck like you have, race it, and I wish I had friends with a similar mindset like yours, mine are fuddy duddy types that don't understand my passion for power and things automotive.

You are an inspiring young man, and FWIW you have my respect young sir.:angel:

Take care and keep up the good work :) I look forward to your next triumph
Sorry to hear of your sister sir.. I too was holding Sarah when she passed.. it truly is an indescribable pain and heartache that you feel... to know you are completely powerless.. everything else in life you have the power to change but something like that you just sit there and wonder why... it changed me.. for the better . I was probably headed down a path I shouldn't have been going down... I live everyday like I am going to die the next... it's probably very financially irresponsible to Do what I am doing.. but to be honest I still put 17% of my income away for retirement. ... that's good enough for me right now.. my life has truly changed because of my love for this sport... The people I have met.. The good times had... The great friends I have made out of it... I receive a lot of respect from people back home for crawling out of hole I was born in to make it where I am... and everything we went through. . It's a great feeling.

Lol what is a fuddy duddy type? Never heard that saying!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Well I def. Need a turbo.. want to stroke that pump and go with some bigger squirter things. Look me up when ya get around we've added on to the shop and putting another lift in.

Sent from a greasy hand under the hood of my buddys truck.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
There are all kinds of sumps bud. Just google search Diesel fuel tank sump.

What happened to that hood? I almost bought one a few years ago...

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
There are all kinds of sumps bud. Just google search Diesel fuel tank sump.

What happened to that hood? I almost bought one a few years ago...

The fiberglass around the latch gave out... going down the road... sounded like a bomb going off

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I purchased it from a friend.. who bought it for a friend.... no company tags on it.. o well.

I had seen that hood on ebay a few years ago... It was a shop out of Cali IIRC. Haven't seen any of there stuff in awhile... I think you showed why there not around anymore. I would have been ready to kill.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Lol what is a fuddy duddy type? Never heard that saying!

Hmmm
Never really defined it before, but if I was to try I'd say it's a person that finds excuses to live life to it least or lessor potential than what could be had, then complains about what they don't get or didn't do.
One of my buddies has been telling me "aw man, I'm not gonna do that, I'm old" since he was 26 and he's only a few (3) years older than me, but now 15 years later I still do the same activities and he wishes he had done the stuff I have (and still do), or done things more frequently and I say "well let's get out there and get it done...."
And he says, aw chit man, I'm too old or I'm too outa shape or I don't want to spend my money like that, but always wishing he had...:confused:
:roflmao:

So I call him an "ol fuddy duddy"

That's the best way I can think to sum it up...:hello:

keep livin life to its fullest

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
Hmmm
Never really defined it before, but if I was to try I'd say it's a person that finds excuses to live life to it least or lessor potential than what could be had, then complains about what they don't get or didn't do.
One of my buddies has been telling me "aw man, I'm not gonna do that, I'm old" since he was 26 and he's only a few (3) years older than me, but now 15 years later I still do the same activities and he wishes he had done the stuff I have (and still do), or done things more frequently and I say "well let's get out there and get it done...."
And he says, aw chit man, I'm too old or I'm too outa shape or I don't want to spend my money like that, but always wishing he had...:confused:
:roflmao:

So I call him an "ol fuddy duddy"

That's the best way I can think to sum it up...:hello:

keep livin life to its fullest

I would have to say that I am probably too aggressive at times.. working in a union environment that view gets me in trouble... but the moment I leave I am totally different. Just how it is I guess..

If I could ever get my own business off the ground and rolling I think I would do a hell of a job... I am finishing my bachelor's in entrepreneurship.. and I am a one man army lol.. isn't much I can't do or can't figure out.. not only that but I am the energizer bunny. Adhd does have its perks in that area!! I am either full steam or limp noodle! Lol

Either way. I am excited for the future! Every day it looks better and better

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
Well the block is still in the machine shop. I am awaiting a cylinder size to get the pistons ordered. I have all the engine components purchased and ready. I am hoping to hear from the engine shop next week.