The best place for EFI live tuning

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Only way to tell is find out who tuned it if you have contact with the old owner.If not best bet is to get it retuned to mske sure things are as they should be.

ss600hp

Jan 23, 2013
pottstown, pa
Changing the tire size is an easy fix in EFI live and I would have it changed by a tuner, if you don't have the V2 yourself. Not only would the speedo bother me, but I found that when I run my winter tires (different size) and don't adjust the tune my trans does not shift very well.
the trans not shifting very well in my hot tune is my issue. it shifts fine during normal driving. i have been advised to leave my top tune turned on and let the trans learn this setting. I am in the process of this now over the last couple of days, so I dont know if anything has changed as far as the shifting when I am really into the throttle through the gears. I did previously just turn my dsp 5 switch, and "expect" everthing to work just fine. I am new to the whole duramax/allison world, as it is my first truck with a duramax. I previously owned a 6.5 turbo :roflmao:, that i had upgraded to its max, and it still doesn't come even close to what my duramax truck does in low tune settings. Although I will say that all the upgrades to the 6.5, made a huge difference compaired to stock form.