The best place for EFI live tuning

ss600hp

Jan 23, 2013
pottstown, pa
Says he has a stage 4 trans in his sig

I have the paper that George "big dipper" Alexander sends along with the truck after his rebuilds. I actually talked with George, and he says he does this so any future owners of the truck will know what was done. So, this is where my trans build information is coming from. George also put the milage of the truck on his paperwork, so at this point his rebuild has approx. 14000 miles on it. It would be awesome if I could get 18-20 mpg doing the same driving in my "top" tune. As far as my "top" tune, the previous owner said it was supposed to be 500 rwhp?? Don't know if that is accurate or not, but the truck does go like hell when you get on it. I was told 1st tune is basically a tweeked stock tune, then a lite under 7000 lb tow tune, then a heavy over 7000 lb tune, then a hot +150hp non-towing tune, then the 500 rwhp race tune.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
A fully built stage 5 can be limped if you go from a stock tune to a big tune without letting it adapt. that's why I only do DSP2 tunes for most, one for daily driving and a tow tune.

Nobody is talking about that. And I already told him about the tranny relearn earlier in the thread going from a small tune to big tune.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I have the paper that George "big dipper" Alexander sends along with the truck after his rebuilds. I actually talked with George, and he says he does this so any future owners of the truck will know what was done. So, this is where my trans build information is coming from. George also put the milage of the truck on his paperwork, so at this point his rebuild has approx. 14000 miles on it. It would be awesome if I could get 18-20 mpg doing the same driving in my "top" tune. As far as my "top" tune, the previous owner said it was supposed to be 500 rwhp?? Don't know if that is accurate or not, but the truck does go like hell when you get on it. I was told 1st tune is basically a tweeked stock tune, then a lite under 7000 lb tow tune, then a heavy over 7000 lb tune, then a hot +150hp non-towing tune, then the 500 rwhp race tune.

That's probably right, from what you have in your sig. Around 500hp would be your big tune. Your tunes are the same ad mine but my big tune is a little hotter.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Drive around on your big tune for about 2 weeks and see what it does. Get on it once in awhile to to let it learn the big tune.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I don't know how big your "big" tune is so be careful it will kill a tranny quick if it's not built. U can play in low gears but don't be hammering it at 50 plus cause it will limp!

Nobody is talking about that. And I already told him about the tranny relearn earlier in the thread going from a small tune to big tune.

The comment was made to be careful changing tunes as it could limp it if it's a stock trans, I was pointing out that even the best trannies could be limped by changing tunes without letting it adapt.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
The comment was made to be careful changing tunes as it could limp it if it's a stock trans, I was pointing out that even the best trannies could be limped by changing tunes without letting it adapt.

I told him about the relearn for the Allison when changing tunes earlier in the thread.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I told him about the relearn for the Allison when changing tunes earlier in the thread.
Who cares!The Ferminator is a respected guy here and is always trying to help out,so i guess he was backing up what you said.

Do some research Bob Olson from dieselx,Tony from Ridge runner or Kory Willis are 3 that come to mind that are at the top of their game.Not saying there arent others out there because there certainly are.

The surgen general has determind that Smoke and lope tunes are bad for your well being and your forum and are urged to stop as soon as possible.

Please carry on the bashing;)

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Who cares!The Ferminator is a respected guy here and is always trying to help out,so i guess he was backing up what you said.

Do some research Bob Olson from dieselx,Tony from Ridge runner or Kory Willis are 3 that come to mind that are at the top of their game.Not saying there arent others out there because there certainly are.

The surgen general has determind that Smoke and lope tunes are bad for your well being and your forum and are urged to stop as soon as possible.

Please carry on the bashing;)

I'm just trying to return the favor, A few here helped me when I was new so I'm trying to pay it back.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Rob @ ATP.com
Tony @ RidgeRunnerDieselPerformance.com
Steve @ SSDieselTuning.com
Bob @ DieselX.com
Kory @ LATuning.com

Last edited:

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Rob @ ATP.com
Tony @ RidgeRunnerDieselPerformance.com
Steve @ SSDieselTuning.com
Bob @ DieselX.com
Kory @ LATuning.com

^^^All good tuners listed that could get you dialed in! We all can dial in what the customer wants so I'd say call around and see who you prefer boss!

ss600hp

Jan 23, 2013
pottstown, pa
does anyone know how critical tuning is with the proper tire size. what i am asking/saying is that I have efi live, and i have seen that in order for someone to set up tuning properly, they ask about different mods, trans build, as well as tire size. My speedometer is off 5 mph to the slow side. So I am guessing the previous owner changed tires size to a larger diameter after having the efi live tuning done, thus causing the speedometer to read 5 mph slower then i am actually going? This also concerns me as to when the transmission was rebuilt, before or after the tuning, and was the trans rebuild factored into the efi tune? This is why I am wondering if my tuning was done correctly or not as to how my truck is actually set up right now with all of the known upgrades?

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
does anyone know how critical tuning is with the proper tire size. what i am asking/saying is that I have efi live, and i have seen that in order for someone to set up tuning properly, they ask about different mods, trans build, as well as tire size. My speedometer is off 5 mph to the slow side. So I am guessing the previous owner changed tires size to a larger diameter after having the efi live tuning done, thus causing the speedometer to read 5 mph slower then i am actually going? This also concerns me as to when the transmission was rebuilt, before or after the tuning, and was the trans rebuild factored into the efi tune? This is why I am wondering if my tuning was done correctly or not as to how my truck is actually set up right now with all of the known upgrades?

You shouldn't have to change much in the tune after a trans rebuild, other than some fine tuning to limit the defuel during shifts. Are you feeling a strong defuel during your shifts? You would know.

Changing the tire size is an easy fix in EFI live and I would have it changed by a tuner, if you don't have the V2 yourself. Not only would the speedo bother me, but I found that when I run my winter tires (different size) and don't adjust the tune my trans does not shift very well.