The best place for EFI live tuning

LB7DURAMAX04

Feb 7, 2013
Go to local Walmart store and buy can of spam. Take the plastic bag that the SPAM these jokers bring with them and wrap it around your intake and that's what you will gain.

Last edited by a moderator:

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Dude they are the best!! Especially with the smoke/lope tune they offer!!! That's like stacking smarty with a diablo!!! I'm soo getting it.... Lol. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360252194.850259.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360252194.850259.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360252194.850259.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 347

ss600hp

Jan 23, 2013
pottstown, pa
Can you guys give me your opinions on who actually does do the best efi live tuning? I have efi live by god only knows who...it came in the truck when i bought it. I am not completely sure of what im talking about, but i dont think my truck shifts as it should in the "top two tunes". In the stock tune and the two towing tunes, it seens to shift fine.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Can you guys give me your opinions on who actually does do the best efi live tuning? I have efi live by god only knows who...it came in the truck when i bought it. I am not completely sure of what im talking about, but i dont think my truck shifts as it should in the "top two tunes". In the stock tune and the two towing tunes, it seens to shift fine.

You do know the Allison has to learn your bigger tunes right? Which is probably what you are filling. You can't just switch from stock to 150hp tune and expect it to run flawless. It has to learn the new power to it. That's why most leave it on there big tune all the time. Plus most get better gas mileage on there big tune to.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master

Who does the "best tuning" is like anything else, it is based off of an opinion, if you only go to certain forums you will only get certain tuners recommended by those forum members.

Usually if you are not a supporting vendor on certain forums the masses will steer all newbies to one or two tuners and any talk of another non-vendor tuner is quickly overun by cheerleaders, this is true on many forums.

I suggest you look around and call the tuners and spend time on several forums and try to get an unbiased opinion.

Most of the big name tuners can provide you with good tunes, we all have different styles and techniques.

;)

Good Luck

Last edited:

ss600hp

Jan 23, 2013
pottstown, pa
You do know the Allison has to learn your bigger tunes right? Which is probably what you are filling. You can't just switch from stock to 150hp tune and expect it to run flawless. It has to learn the new power to it. That's why most leave it on there big tune all the time. Plus most get better gas mileage on there big tune to.

I did not know that the allison has to learn the tunes when switching from one to another. I will run the truck on the top tune, and see what happens. About how long does it take to "learn" the new tunes, and how about driving habits in the top tune? I dont have to push on the gas pedal much to make this truck move when I'm in my top tune. I also get an average of 15mpg in the stock tune, does that sound about right. Thats also with reasonable driving, nothing crazy.

adrenaholc1

Apr 5, 2011
Butler Co. OHIO
It helps to research, read, and learn a little about how your truck and it's components operate. Google search is amazing. I know it can be frustrating seperating fact from opinion on the internet but the more you read the more you learn. :thumb:

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I did not know that the allison has to learn the tunes when switching from one to another. I will run the truck on the top tune, and see what happens. About how long does it take to "learn" the new tunes, and how about driving habits in the top tune? I dont have to push on the gas pedal much to make this truck move when I'm in my top tune. I also get an average of 15mpg in the stock tune, does that sound about right. Thats also with reasonable driving, nothing crazy.

The right way to do the Allison relearn is to go 25% throttle through every gear then 50% , 75%, then 100% throttle. After that you do the same thing with tow haul on. But most just drive it around and just slow get on it every now and then. At least that's what I do then after one run down the track she shifts great. Ya I'd leave it on your big tune and see what you get. I get 18-20 on big tune 16-17 on stock tune.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh

I don't know how big your "big" tune is so be careful it will kill a tranny quick if it's not built. U can play in low gears but don't be hammering it at 50 plus cause it will limp!