The Bandwagon....

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
In 6 weeks you have it kicked. At this point it's the habit part the reach for the cig that aint there anymore and you remind yourself you don't smoke any more.

Way better food taste better you can smell things better sometimes that isn't a good thing. :rofl:

The money Marlboro's are $8+ bucks here. I was smoking nasty ass Pallmall Orange cause they were cheaper.

Look at the price of cigs in NY. WOW!

http://www.theawl.com/2012/06/pack-of-cigarettes-cost
Your most expensive cigs are still less than our cheapest up here!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Wish my Mrs. would stop smoking, she's tried a few times but always falls back...its a "stress relief" thing with her. Good luck to you guys trying to quit...its not easy. I can count on one hand the number of times Ive smoked a cig in my life.

My vices are Diet Pepsi and donuts. Quit for a while, but now they're back. I figure high cholesterol will be my downfall.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I'm with Tom, I can count on how many times I've smoked on one hand. Both parents smoked & I just hate the smell, taste & dry mouth afterwords so I never got hooked, thank God. Never chewed or dipped either. Tried dip pouch once. No thanks! Reg dip was never an option w/ all the little pieces in your teeth & images of folks w/o a jaw ruined that for me. LOL

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
I never did the chew thing explain how do you chew and eat something? I picture you sitting there with a big lump between your lip and gum and say a bowl of spaghetti and meat-ta-balls in front of you how do you not end up swallowing the tobacco?

Then I thought you were suppose to spit not swallow which is a whole nother subject really! :D

lmao....

You chew right after eating. That 's when it's the best!

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I have quit both over the years. I would dip while working and smoke like a demon when off work. dip was easy, smoking was not. too many ingrained habits with the smoking. I quit smoking 7 years ago now and still crave a smoke at least weekly. I had smoked for 22 years and had quit multiple times before. Each time is harder. Props to all those that can do it. I feel sooooo much better and have not had a bad cold for 5 of the last 7 years.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Bump :)

So I have decided to quit smoking. Right now I'm between 1 and 2 packs a day, have been for quite some time now. The job I'm at is pretty physical and the air quality isn't the best so that's really not helping me. I have a few packs left (14) and then that's it, hopefully. Man this is going to suck :(

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I never smoked or dipped. Watched my dad try to quit more times than I can count. Haven't even had the desire to try one. Don't drink either. Only because I'm a cheap ass. Smoking/dipping and drinking the "normal" amount has got to add up $2-300 a month. $2400-3600 a year buys a lot of Duramax parts, home remodeling or mud truck parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
Three guys at work went to the doctor and got on chantex I think its called. And it has been five years or more since I have seen them smoke at work and they were heavy smokers.
The one guy had quite a few times and said after a couple days of taking it he did not have the want to smoke again and hasnt since. He didnt even finish the full script.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I never smoked or dipped. Watched my dad try to quit more times than I can count. Haven't even had the desire to try one. Don't drink either. Only because I'm a cheap ass. Smoking/dipping and drinking the "normal" amount has got to add up $2-300 a month. $2400-3600 a year buys a lot of Duramax parts, home remodeling or mud truck parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Exactly, the money I save will be a big motivator. Right now I spend roughly $450/month on smoking alone, drinking....well I won't go there lol.

I don't know if I'll be able to go cold turkey, my friend told me to start cutting back over a little while, then stop. She feels that will work better since I'm a pretty heavy smoker apparently.

I'm hoping to be smoke free by the end of the month, I'm trying to be realistic and hopefully I can stick to it.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I smoked for 2 years and then chewed for two years. Started smoking my last year of high school, then switched too chewing because I was out of shape, fat and couldn't breathe. I quit chewing 2 weeks ago cold turkey. There never really is a good time to quit any thing, after all it is quitting. But, what I did realize is if you can control yourself more, control you surroundings and stress. Quitting is a breeze, pay attention to things that matter more during work that you missed out on while you were smoking.

I am 23 and manage 14 guys and maintain 9 various excavators and loaders. My job is extremely stressful given that scrap metal industries just aren't easy. College wasn't all that easy for me neither, trust me I get the whole stress thing for sure. Not gonna lie I still like my beer alot. But got that down to 2 days a week.
I say give your cigs to someone, walk to a store, buy lots of gum and start fresh.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Exactly, the money I save will be a big motivator. Right now I spend roughly $450/month on smoking alone, drinking....well I won't go there lol.

I don't know if I'll be able to go cold turkey, my friend told me to start cutting back over a little while, then stop. She feels that will work better since I'm a pretty heavy smoker apparently.

I'm hoping to be smoke free by the end of the month, I'm trying to be realistic and hopefully I can stick to it.
I talked to a guy saturday who has been smoking since he was 15 and was in his mid 50s, he said he was up to 3 packs a day every day for the last couple years and one day decided it was going to kill him if he didn't quit soon so he walked into a vape shop and bought a vape and some flavors and hasn't touched a cigarette since. He said he has been slowly lowering his nicotine level and is down to a small amount of nicotine and the same hike that he used to struggle to do every morning he can now do effortlessly with a 50 pound pack on his back!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

For the Americans information $450/month is roughly a pack a day up here.
If you told someone in Texas you smoked $450/month they would wonder how you were still alive!!!