The Bandwagon....

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
This may sound dumb but I was addicted to Monster energy drinks. The passed two years I was drinking about three to five of them a day. I'm proud to say I've gone two months without one. Found a natural healthy replacement that I've been drinking. And truthfully they never really woke me up. Gave me a buzz then made me feel like crap the rest of the day. It was more so psychological than anything.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
i need to quit drinking those blue monsters. Dip, i could never quit. I'd be ripping peoples face off.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
My fiance quit smoking about 7 months ago now. Ive tried to make her quit, never works. pretty much left it up to her after a few years of her trying for me and so on. Shes doin really well without them now, its jsut like its been said before, once your over the addiction part, its getting over the habit thats the hardest. The worst part is before her and i were together, we were friends and i watched her start smoking. A couple of good friends of hers would always go outside of their dorms to smoke. Well she decided she would do it too but "she wouldnt get addicted" as she told me. that was 7 years ago.

GMC04DURAMAX

Aug 18, 2012
Grand Junction, Co
i chew cope long cut all day everyday lol! it sux hows expensive it is but it makes my day much easier to handle the stress. From what ive read it takes 12 days to form a habit so if you can find a substitute after you eat,drink and drive for 12 days you'll have it whooped! im just not ready to quit just yet;)

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
You know whats messed up.well I'll tell'ya

In 1995 I quit smoking (cigs) for 10 YEARS!!! In 2005 I like a dumb ass I lit a cigar one night out riding and drinking. I smoked cigars for a little while and you guessed it led me back to cigs! I got to the point it was killing me literally. I got this cold and I was hacking so bad then I'd lite a cig and hack some more and I couldn't catch my breath!

On my way out the door from work I threw the lit cig in the hopper that was in July this year and I haven't smoked since again! I knew what to expect in quitting but it was harder this time then the first time. I aint going back no way man I hope NOT. Sucks it stinks it's nasty its gross but all the cool kids do it! :D

That was my biggest reason. I noticed when I'd catch a cold, it took way longer to recover from, not to mention they always seemed worse. After this last bout that turned into strep throat and a serious bronchial infection, thats when i said "fu** it" and pitched my last 2 packs.

Feel better now, no more cough, food does taste better, and im not spending $200 a month on cigs.....worth it to me.

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
$$$$$ that is a huge motivator!!!! Think of all the mods you can buy now if you are not spending your money on smokes and chew :thumb:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
This may sound dumb but I was addicted to Monster energy drinks. The passed two years I was drinking about three to five of them a day. I'm proud to say I've gone two months without one. Found a natural healthy replacement that I've been drinking. And truthfully they never really woke me up. Gave me a buzz then made me feel like crap the rest of the day. It was more so psychological than anything.

Mine is a 75/25 mix of Mt Dew Baja Blast and regular Mt Dew at Taco Bell

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I smoked a few in school but it never caught on cause its NASTY! Cant stand chew either, or people who use it. Its not that I "look down" on you, I just stand an extra 5ft away when you talk :roflmao: I hate smokers breath, and the way people cant talk right with a big dip, and that ugly sretched out lip from dipping so much :mad: haha, ok rant over.

On a side note, how is a soda called a "coke" if its not a coke???

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I smoked a few in school but it never caught on cause its NASTY! Cant stand chew either, or people who use it. Its not that I "look down" on you, I just stand an extra 5ft away when you talk :roflmao: I hate smokers breath, and the way people cant talk right with a big dip, and that ugly sretched out lip from dipping so much :mad: haha, ok rant over.

On a side note, how is a soda called a "coke" if its not a coke???

Maybe it's a regional thing. My wife is from Minnesota and she says the same thing. I tell her "when in Rome honey". Dr Pepper, Sprite, Root Beer, Coca cola, don't matter in NM it's referred to as a coke lol. Yes it's wacky I know. But the same is true of calling them all "POP"

My kid would get beat up at daycare if she called it pop :roflmao:

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Congrats to all that have quit or are quitting, you have more will power than I do. Right now I smoke between 1 and 2 packs a day at $12 a pack.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Stick with it guys! I cant relate to any of your addictions but, I cant understand the theory of "An acquired taste" for anything. Beer, booze, cigs, dip really anything that most people dont like the first time they try it but they just keep trying it till they either like it or its now a habit! I just dont get it, why try it again if you didnt like the first one?
We have a guy here that takes his smoke brakes but has to have a gator-aid Orange drink to chase it with.... He even agrees its stupid but he hates the taste in his mouth after each drag and has to chase it, :roflmao: Worst part his mom died of cancer...:(
My ex-mother in-law still smokes like a chimney with only a little more than half of one lung left, oxygen bottle and all. Tobacco is a tough on to kick! Good luck to all trying to kick their bad habbits what ever they may be :thumb:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Congrats to all that have quit or are quitting, you have more will power than I do. Right now I smoke between 1 and 2 packs a day at $12 a pack.

You just aren't ready to quit. You have the will power you just ain't ready. When I quit the first time I sat in the office with my chain smoking father and still quit! You have to want it,then you will! :)

Lofti7

Dumber than I look.
Mar 28, 2012
Utah
I keep quitting then I quit quitting I wish I could be worse at quitting so I could quit.
But seriously I've been trying to knock it for more than a year good luck!

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Maybe it's a regional thing. My wife is from Minnesota and she says the same thing. I tell her "when in Rome honey". Dr Pepper, Sprite, Root Beer, Coca cola, don't matter in NM it's referred to as a coke lol. Yes it's wacky I know. But the same is true of calling them all "POP"

My kid would get beat up at daycare if she called it pop :roflmao:

Haha, poor kids! My GF says pop because the can "pops" open lol. Its really bad when people say "soda pop", heard that a lot out in PA.

I dont really get the aquired taste either. I drink beer, but thats because I drink flavors that I think taste good! Like Woodchuck Cider :D

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Quit smoking 6 weeks ago...haven't touched one since. First week was the hardest, now its gotten easier.

dont beleive wes. i told him i'd kick his ass if he didnt stop smoking. clearly it worked.

happy my good bud wes dropped that habit(and stays that wAY):hug:

I LOVE COCA-COLA. been drinkin a bit less of it , i feel the same