Suspension installed

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Got my 6'' Tuff countrty strong kit installed.

Happy with the ride, but rear is still a bit stiff ( over expansion joints/bridges) but way better than green keys!

Found my driver front wheel bearing was bad.

Tires are 295's , could go bigger if i want to. Need to wait for lift to settle to tweak it. I happy with it so far.

Finally ready to make a hook!

DSCN0826.jpg

DSCN0828.jpg

DSCN0830.jpg

Last edited:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
tim z, looks good! my truck was a tad higher with my rcd lift on and 315s. have you tried launching it in 4wd yet?

Last edited:

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
tim z, looks good! my truck was a tad higher with my rcd lift on and 315s. have you tried launching it in 4wd yet?

No, not yet:D But this was one of the reasons for the lift.

Going to let the front settle a bit and prob try to lower the Tbar bolts if possible. Then i'll try to break it!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
looks good IMO. I'd probably take a few turns out of the tbars if it were mine, they don't look as flat as I'd like 'em to be. :D

Sharp truck!!

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Looks great. Do you have the 4" block in the rear? I'd be looking into some traction bars before I got too serious about pulling, just my .02.
I really like my TC lift, I'm sure you'll like yours.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Looks great. Do you have the 4" block in the rear? I'd be looking into some traction bars before I got too serious about pulling, just my .02.
I really like my TC lift, I'm sure you'll like yours.

Yep , 4'' block . Does ride a bit stiff over expansion joints/freeway bridges in the rear.

Not too serious about pulling, just want to try a few hooks and have some fun.

and yes, im going to lower the Tbars a little . Havent had time for tweaks yet!

03maxpower

Jan 20, 2009
somerset, pa
Yep , 4'' block . Does ride a bit stiff over expansion joints/freeway bridges in the rear.

thats funny try a few hooks. the problem is once you try the first hook youll be hooked :happy2:

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa

What shocks did you run? The TC shocks? I scrapped them pretty quickly and went to Bilstein 5100's. That helped. This Spring, when I put my home built traction bars on, that helped the "frame beaming" over expansion joints alot. Kind of transfers some of the energy away from the rear springs. Putting about 1000lbs of motor in the bed made that thing ride like a caddy coming back from Burkhard's shop over some crappy roads in Michigan.
I was more concerned with you spitting a block out with out the traction bars when pulling, the increased ride quality was a plus. I don't pull, but I wanted the bars to eliminate the axle wrap when pulling out hard. They've cured that too.:D