Street Duramax Trucks to be banned

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
Holy Shit..... I didn't realize compdiesel was such a dodge tts site.

I say 10.00 is cage time for a dmax and 11.50 for the dodge guys that's fair.

On Edit... I posted this over at compdiesel.

This whole thread is BS about cages. Racing originally was never about being safe. Nascar doesn't know it yet, but they will kill themselves with Iroc cars and restrictor plates. I am of Dale Earnhardt S. theory. If you don't have balls enough to go fast then you shouldn't be racing. Dale knew what could happen to him, and if you don't think it can happen to you, think again.

Bottom line IMO protect the spectator at all costs, and let the guy racing go as fast as his knowledge allows him.

BTW did the name of the site change? Maybe I didn't get informed.

www.slow&safedodgedieselenthusiast.com

I didn't think with a name like compdiesel, that it would turn into a safety tribe???

Last edited:

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland

I didn't think with a name like compdiesel, that it would turn into a safety tribe???

good call , i love it.

like i said before if one of there leaders says to jump the whole crew follows.......:rofl::rofl:

good thing i drive a dodge...

Last edited:

Dalpilot

Jun 5, 2008
You ever get that whole Nitrous doesn't have any oxygen thing figured out Wade? :rofl:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
There was actually a "Dodge Racer" there who said driving 80mph was scary.

Now that would not have been so bad if they didn't turn and name him "CompD Racer Of The Month". :D

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008

10.0 is cage time for a dmax,well i guess you are safe from a cage,as are all except 1 truck over 5800 lbs and 3 trucks under 4300

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
10.0 is cage time for a dmax,well i guess you are safe from a cage,as are all except 1 truck over 5800 lbs and 3 trucks under 4300

Oh, if that were only so...

:D

This thread is about the Dodge Guys (& wannabees) wanting to require cages at slower and slower speeds.

And rollbars in "tuning only" trucks.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
i still think this was the main problem that caused the wreck in the first place

low sidewall radials tires + high side wall bais ply tirea + ~6000+ pound truck +known slick track = wreck waiting to happen

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
All that wreck proved was that the existing safety requirements won't stop you from running over crew members, spectators, track officials, or photographers.

Perhaps they really mean the TRACKS need better rollbars. :D

I'm not convinced this crap has anything to do with safety, because if it did, they would be suggesting how to fix the problem, not try to make up ones that don't exist.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
All that wreck proved was that the existing safety requirements won't stop you from running over crew members, spectators, track officials, or photographers.

Perhaps they really mean the TRACKS need better rollbars. :D

I'm not convinced this crap has anything to do with safety, because if it did, they would be suggesting how to fix the problem, not try to make up ones that don't exist.

Seriously how about having a qualififed driver that is comfortable with the vehicle, and they wont need all that shit. Now I dont see how they lump all of us in with that on particular accident? We drive our trucks everyday I think most of us are comfortable with them.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Here's the "conspiracy theory":

CompD is making a trailer queen drag truck as are several of the sponsors/moderators.

This is what they think the future of diesel racing is: NASCAR-style Sponsor-Based racing.

Problem is 99% of us don't fit in that mold, and that is a problem. How are they going to send us packing?

I KNOW!!! Make the safety reqs so draconian as to keep diesel pickups from competing. Race Cars only (with pickup stickers of course) are what is wanted.

They should just "man up" and ban pickups, but that would irritate a vile (but necessary) group associated with the Sponsors: The Customers.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Here's the "conspiracy theory":

CompD is making a trailer queen drag truck as are several of the sponsors/moderators.

This is what they think the future of diesel racing is: NASCAR-style Sponsor-Based racing.

Problem is 99% of us don't fit in that mold, and that is a problem. How are they going to send us packing?

I KNOW!!! Make the safety reqs so draconian as to keep diesel pickups from competing. Race Cars only (with pickup stickers of course) are what is wanted.

They should just "man up" and ban pickups, but that would irritate a vile (but necessary) group associated with the Sponsors: The Customers.

Its horrible. They are at the opposite end of the spectrum of us concerning reasons we enjoy this sport. Fun, family, friends, hard work, comradery...And theyre in it for??? Money, publicity..??:confused:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I repectfully posted at CompD that I thought it was too much truck for the driver and got chastised by everyone over there including the drivers wife and Dennis Perry's wife. :eek: I was told that since I don't have a 10.0 truck that I couldn't possibly be qualified to have an educated opinion on the wreck.:confused: I stand by what I said, and said goodbye to CompD.