Stocker upgrade or ???

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I sent you a PM back James

I like my II 366 as well but I just have 235/85 R16 tires with no lift and I haven't towed anything but an empty trailer yet so I can't give any comments on towing just yet. In a little over 2 months when we move back to Kansas City I've have my trailer loaded down with the rockcrawler and other things so I'm sure I'll get to test it then. :thumb:

Yellowchevy

THduramax

Will it ever end!
Aug 15, 2012
Flaherty, ky
The DTS still has a stock turbine wheel, so you may not benefit from any better turbine flow, but you've been running a stocker for however long as it is, so it may not matter.

The Fleece Cheetah comes with a 63mm billet compressor thats proven to support more horsepower than anything we've tested in its size, plus it comes with a larger 68mm Borg Turbine for better flow over the stock turbine, as well as a Borg Cart for better reliabilty, and a remote oil feed setup to save the #4 Cam journal bearing. There is also extensive machine work done in the turbine housing to optimize flow, for better response, EGT management, and to reduce drive pressure. Its not cheap, but it is the most labor intensive charger as far as assembly in the FPE lineup, and for a drop in replacement, you are getting your moneys worth.

http://www.xtremediesel.com/fleecelb7cheetahturbocharger.aspx

A compound setup is only as good as the high pressure charger can flow, in your specific case, if you have something that spools and drives the same, however it's capable of flowing and moving more air at the same or slower speeds, your going to benefit from it. It will maximize your compound turbo setups potential, and expand on the gains you already experience from the 2nd charger.

If you dont care to further lower EGT's, increase driveablity, and gain some more horsepower and torque, then you may not want a Cheetah! :roflmao:

Caleb

Ima vouch for the billet 63... It spoiled just as fast and hit way harder than my stock charger on my lly. That charger was Rock solid.. With 60% sticks and fleece tuning we had it at 630 hp on a stock lly cp3.. It's in your budget of 2500 too with the pedestal and all.. Thumbs

THduramax

Will it ever end!
Aug 15, 2012
Flaherty, ky
Ima vouch for the billet 63... It spoiled just as fast and hit way harder than my stock charger on my lly. That charger was Rock solid.. With 60% sticks and fleece tuning we had it at 630 hp on a stock lly cp3.. It's in your budget of 2500 too with the pedestal and all.. Thumbs

Oh.. This was my fixed geo charger not the cheetah... Fixed is the only way to go IMHO

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
dang and you just missed a fleece 63 mm billet on here a while ago! i have never run one but this guy that pulls at some of the same places i do had one on his lmm. and let me tell you that thing would run! he would give all the river city diesel diesel boys and their built 6.4 powerstrokes a run for their money.
doubt it was a IHI

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007

The 63 you have. Is it t3 or t4?

Stock turbo is starting to show signs of wear and tear, sometime late summer ill probably pull the trigger on a new upgraded one

I know DTS has the 64mm for a damn good price but ive heard mixed reveiws on here about customer service and getting stuff from there.

how does the fleece 63mm do in a twinned setup?

Heres the deal, i DO NOT want to loose any more spool up than i currently have with the stock charger. this means a 64mm is about max of what i can go based on talking with many others about their bigger chargers. I also want a drop in replacement as i do not feel like redoing the hot and cold pipes for my twin kit. i have enough projects right now, i want this simple. Im not goin for all out HP, just figure if im gunna replace it, why not upgrade at the same time. Max i wanna spend is $2500 shipped to my door.

Any of our stage 2 (64mm) or stage 3 (66mm) will not sacrifice spool! The 66 does not carry the map groove like the 64 but in a twin setup the map groove is not important. We also have the IHI hybrid turbos that use a larger turbine and go all the way to 72mm on the comp wheel. However these will cost more. Pictured is the 72mm IHI Hybrid, 68 VVT (stock housing) and the stage 3 IHI 66mm. Call with any questions.

Attachments

• 2013-02-18_15-36-25_652.jpg
    2013-02-18_15-36-25_652.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 70

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
So how is spool up with this charger? anyone you know of thats running as big a tire as i am on stock gears and towing to compare with?

I dont know of anyone running one with that large of a tire, but overall response has been that it spools like stock, with better mid-range response and obviously more top end power.

Caleb