Stocker upgrade or ???

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Stock turbo is starting to show signs of wear and tear, sometime late summer ill probably pull the trigger on a new upgraded one

I know DTS has the 64mm for a damn good price but ive heard mixed reveiws on here about customer service and getting stuff from there.

how does the fleece 63mm do in a twinned setup?

Heres the deal, i DO NOT want to loose any more spool up than i currently have with the stock charger. this means a 64mm is about max of what i can go based on talking with many others about their bigger chargers. I also want a drop in replacement as i do not feel like redoing the hot and cold pipes for my twin kit. i have enough projects right now, i want this simple. Im not goin for all out HP, just figure if im gunna replace it, why not upgrade at the same time. Max i wanna spend is $2500 shipped to my door.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I love my II s366 as a valley turbo.

the issue is spool up at 1500-1600 rpm in 5th gear. right now with the converter locked, toyhauler on the back running 55mph in 5th gear i turn 1500rpm. if i roll the throttle easy, i can easily pick up speed and spool up without having to downshift. sure i could just knock it down a gear but dont want to. i get better econ driving that way :D. every time i tow its "fuel mileage, fuel mileage, fuel mileage" till we hit a hill or pass a car :roflmao:

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
dang and you just missed a fleece 63 mm billet on here a while ago! i have never run one but this guy that pulls at some of the same places i do had one on his lmm. and let me tell you that thing would run! he would give all the river city diesel diesel boys and their built 6.4 powerstrokes a run for their money.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
The 64mm Borg warner would work great or there is also the GT4088 it spools super fast

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
dang and you just missed a fleece 63 mm billet on here a while ago! i have never run one but this guy that pulls at some of the same places i do had one on his lmm. and let me tell you that thing would run! he would give all the river city diesel diesel boys and their built 6.4 powerstrokes a run for their money.

Damn, didnt even see one was for sale!

The 64mm Borg warner would work great or there is also the GT4088 it spools super fast

are they drop in replacements?

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
Damn, didnt even see one was for sale!

are they drop in replacements?

yea it was thrown in with a bunch of other stuff and the thread was titiled pulling parts and stuff i think. if i had known more about the 63mm billet turbo at the time i would hav bought it

you guys miss the drop in part......

how about the rcd modded stocker?

+1 for river city.

i personally wouldnt let river city work on my bicycle, let alone a turbo that they built. that is if they even built that turbo, not for sure on that one though

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i personally wouldnt let river city work on my bicycle, let alone a turbo that they built. that is if they even built that turbo, not for sure on that one though

why is that? PM me if you dont want it in the open :D

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Just get another stock turbo and throw in a batmowheel. You're not after more power but that will give you amazing spool.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
If you're interested James I could ported/polish a stock one for you and install a batmowheel or keep the stock wheel.
If your wheel hasn't hit the housing I could rebuild it with new parts; both options would be much cheaper than $2500.

Just throwing that out there as another options for you.

Yellowchevy