Stock 2002 LB7 ZF6 tune

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
It's dumb, that's the best description of it I have ever read. It doesn't adapt to every little change you make to your driving style every millisecond. Once the 01 adapts in, it tends to stay fairly consistent in how it shifts. The only real drawback to it I have found is the grade brakeing SUCKS with it. It never kicks in until about 2 miles past the point you needed it, after you've come down the 3rd or 4th grade. The 02 OS doesn't shift as consiststently, but at least it has GOOD grade braking that actually comes in when you need it.

Hmm I might have to put the 01 TCM os in my drag truck.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
It's dumb, that's the best description of it I have ever read. It doesn't adapt to every little change you make to your driving style every millisecond. Once the 01 adapts in, it tends to stay fairly consistent in how it shifts. The only real drawback to it I have found is the grade brakeing SUCKS with it. It never kicks in until about 2 miles past the point you needed it, after you've come down the 3rd or 4th grade. The 02 OS doesn't shift as consiststently, but at least it has GOOD grade braking that actually comes in when you need it.

And to add to this, the 02 OS is always wanting to downshift and race the RPM's up whereas the 01 OS would just dig in and go. Same TCM's, same shift tables in both OS's, but the 02 OS will scream to the sky and downshift at the flick of the throttle. The 01 OS would just hold it and go until you really got on it and then it would downshift. I will be going back to my 01 OS REALLY soon as it's been less than a week and I am already tired of the 02 OS. I prefer the 02 OS's tow haul mode, but for everyday driving the 01 is 10 times better.

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
^ So, this is an example of a difference in the OS segment itself,
which is not in the parameters or tables that can be altered in EFILive?

WarEagle

Aug 28, 2013
Thanks for the responses! I'm still learning, and couldn't seem find the right search string for that info on the 01 TCM OS, so I had to ask.