Aug 12, 2008
MI
picture.php

:thumb:

Those pics look familiar. :D

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
will tony's support be worth it if i already have the cognito supports already? and i am ordering a straight link because i bent my passenger side arm and cognito bracket... haha:confused:

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
ok, another stupid question... that i prolly know the answer too... Umm, there's a pull in 2 days, i wont have my front end fixed by then but i'm wondering if i strap the centerlink down do you think i would break anything??:rolleyes:

again, i have sleeves cognito arm supports, but my idler arm (or whatever passenger side one is) is bent. i would rather be able to drive home from the pull also. but once the center link from Henry gets here i'll also have a new idler arm as well, so if it bends more i don't really care as long as its able to "limp and hour back home" haha

this isn't a points pull for me but it would just be fun to enter in it. let me know your thoughts! thanks:rofl:

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
ok, another stupid question... that i prolly know the answer too... Umm, there's a pull in 2 days, i wont have my front end fixed by then but i'm wondering if i strap the centerlink down do you think i would break anything??:rolleyes:

again, i have sleeves cognito arm supports, but my idler arm (or whatever passenger side one is) is bent. i would rather be able to drive home from the pull also. but once the center link from Henry gets here i'll also have a new idler arm as well, so if it bends more i don't really care as long as its able to "limp and hour back home" haha

this isn't a points pull for me but it would just be fun to enter in it. let me know your thoughts! thanks:rofl:

altrk8dmaxlly

Jul 18, 2011
Tires: 305/55r20, M.A. Tierod sleeves, Cognito support on both new arms. T-bars let all the way down (bolts out, stock keys)

i'm still toeing in BIG TIME for some reason, stock center link. i'm not exactly sure what i bent yet, but i'm guessing a little bit of a tierod bent would the straight center link help that much for $420ish?? or could someone send me to link to straping the centerlink down. or any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Kryptonite all the way will work wonders. Center link and tie rods and cognito brackets

meanmachine

Blowing money to go fast
May 5, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
I am pretty sure Tony's site says no lift/stock only. Could be wrong though. I was wondering if Tony's support would work with the leveling kit keys but I already have the straight link waiting at home so doesnt matter now. Good luck to you.

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
I am pretty sure Tony's site says no lift/stock only. Could be wrong though. I was wondering if Tony's support would work with the leveling kit keys but I already have the straight link waiting at home so doesnt matter now. Good luck to you.

you going to go to the Kalamazoo pull AUG 11th? i think you might be able to enter the "Hot diesel" class with your twins ;) haha

Centerlink will ship tomorrow have some fun :woott:

Look forward to it!!!:D

Will

Apr 30, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, IA
www.myspace.com
I'd just build your own suspension stops. Really easy to build. I used some angle iron,flat stock and 2 pieces of square tubing. They bolt up to where the factory rear bump stop goes and are adjustable.
rearstops2.jpg

rearstops1.jpg

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Should have looked at this earlier, I have a good straight center link I took out of White Out when I put in all the Kryptonite goodies from the dmax store that I would have sold you for $200 bucks.:(

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
enjoy the wore tires & shorter turning radius with the straight centerlink

It was already pointed out Tony's brace wont work for lifted trucks. I have not noticed any differance in front tire wear with my strait centerlink and while it does limit your turning radius slightly its worth it not to have broken parts everytime you pull.

To the O.P. if you keep your Cognito braces, you will have limited threads available for the Jam nut that holds the centerlink on. I would strongly suggest lock tighting that Jam nut. I also bent/broke my Cognito brace before the centerlink and I just straitend it and welded it back together were it split. I re-used it and have not had any further problems with it bending/breaking since adding the strait center link..

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
well the wife gave me the go-ahead on trading in my denali on a tow rig and trailer so i'm going to retire the lly to sled pulling only so tire wear isn't a concern (even though after my 305/55r20's went on and the cognito braces my t-bars were cranked so high the outside edges were cupping pretty badly lol) i'm going to try and move up to 2.6 class next year after i get a few more pulls under my belt.