Still Toeing in near breaking! bent tie rod

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
Tires: 305/55r20, M.A. Tierod sleeves, Cognito support on both new arms. T-bars let all the way down (bolts out, stock keys)

i'm still toeing in BIG TIME for some reason, stock center link. i'm not exactly sure what i bent yet, but i'm guessing a little bit of a tierod bent would the straight center link help that much for $420ish?? or could someone send me to link to straping the centerlink down. or any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
picture.php

:thumb:

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Do you drive the truck? If so, I's try the straps before going straight center link and giving up the turning radius....

bubba2400

Jul 19, 2009
Union Grove, WI
How does the truck sit before you take off? Front in the ground and the back way in the air? If so, that is part of the issue. Look to see what the CV's look like going down the track.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Got any videos? I run rare parts tie rods and a stock link with braces. Heck even with a weld cracked on my idler brace it stays straight. I would try putting some weight up front, if u can't hang weight throw some in the cab. It makes a big difference.

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
here's when it started to Toe in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLa294CGSZQ

then this is the next day when everyone said they thought it was gonna snap. not a great video but you can see it's plane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRh7XqYbY5s

now setup is no different, but the big rapids track was SUPER grippy, broke 2 tractors hubs. I take the bolts all the way out but my back end isn't sticking in the air high at all. and my bump stops are right to the leaf pack.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
U need some weight up front bro. Throw some tractor weights in the floor boards if u have too. I've been working at getting my truck to plane out level for a year and I think we finally got it. U can check out my vids if u want. Reddevildmax on YouTube. I know I don't have a 1000 hp truck but Ive been through your problem. My last pull we hung 1k lbs out front and it worked great. But I've had as much as 600 lbs in the floor board and it worked good also.

Edit: silly question but r u positive u have stock keys up front?

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
i dont mind my straight center link at all. cuts down on turning a little but not to bad. i would also look into welding in a idler gusset. travis(bullfrogjohnson) bent his idler bracket before the centerlink. braced it and hes been pulling with a factory centerlink and hes running 33x15.50 mtzs no toe in

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Buy the centrelink from Henry and be done with it.[/QUOTE]

X2 thats the center link I run and it eliminated my toe in problems while pulling. :thumb:

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
I was thinking of suspension stops, how easy would it be to take them on and off at the track? I drive to every pull... also who makes some good stops? i know cognito has them but i don't know if they'd work for a lowered front end.