Started building my first set of twins

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Josh it looks good. I didn't notice a manifold or header in place from my phone. If you don't have it there for mocking the down pipe you might run into a issue at the point where the uppipes connect. I had this occur on my triple set.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Josh it looks good. I didn't notice a manifold or header in place from my phone. If you don't have it there for mocking the down pipe you might run into a issue at the point where the uppipes connect. I had this occur on my triple set.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
It has Rick's manifolds and up pipes on it. You should be able to see them in the second, third, and fourth pics I posted today.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I don't think so. I think they're from Jegs.

Hard to see em from the pic, but looks like it should use 2 tapered spacers and you used only one cause of the size of the shock bearing....because it doesn't look centered in the mount.

if that is the case, make you a proper spacer on each side or the mount will rub on the shock.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Hard to see em from the pic, but looks like it should use 2 tapered spacers and you used only one cause of the size of the shock bearing....because it doesn't look centered in the mount.

if that is the case, make you a proper spacer on each side or the mount will rub on the shock.
The mounts are like the ones in the picture here. They have one spacer welded to the bracket and the other is a floating spacer. Nothing rubs anywhere.

555-64850.jpg

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Looks very Nice Josh! If ya get a free min can you pm me some info on your coil over set up, like what all id need to do it!! THanx! No rush!

Vsouth

Oct 6, 2008
C'mon Verlon. It's my first time doing this. Cut a guy some slack! Besides, I know how long some of the professionals take to fab a custom set of twins... :poke:

I have no idea what you are talking about.........;)

Two days and your not anywhere close to powdercoat. And that's what really takes the time :D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Looks very Nice Josh! If ya get a free min can you pm me some info on your coil over set up, like what all id need to do it!! THanx! No rush!
I'll have to do some checking tomorrow to make sure I get you all the right part numbers, but jmaz has a pretty good thread on here with a bunch of part numbers that he started pretty recently

AHH ok, those do look nice.

From that angle I thought they were like these.

pn_9605_alt1.jpg
Those look a little beefier than the ones we used. I think I would have preferred to have them.
I have no idea what you are talking about.........;)

Two days and your not anywhere close to powdercoat. And that's what really takes the time :D
I know it. I should just give up. We did talk to the powder coat guy today though. Does that count?

Well, here's an update for today. I didn't have much time to work on it because I had other trucks I had to get done, but I got the cold pipe tacked together. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0569 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0569 (Copy).JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0570 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0570 (Copy).JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 349

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Did you buy or make the reduced with vband on the 475? Looks good too. Save a bunch of money over buying a kit, I assume.

Bought a 5" steel V-band flange and a 5"-3.5" exhaust reducer and cut the slip portions off so it's just the taper part then put it all together.