stage 2 water meth tips??

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
The pressure you bring it in at has a great effect. I would bring mine in at 12 psi at first (full pump flow and 2 15ml nozzles) and I could slowly kill the flame in the cylinders and would blow white smoke all over (were talking like steam locomotive from the old days!). It needs pressure to work proper. It creates steam to spool the turbo for one thing (steam power is extremely powerful when harnessed). Your nozzle sizes also ha a lot to do with it. The pressure in the pump drops like a rock when to big of nozzles are put in. If you don't get the power you want, try it with 1 nozzle to see how it does. the higher pressure will cause better atomization (less big water droplets that are useless). Whe I was making the kits (SD chiller back in 04-06), I could get 70-75hp on a dyno if the turbo wasn't already at it's air limits or close to it with -30 windshield washing fluid. I was real careful with my nozzles selection sizes though. I didn't just throw nozzles at it generic style (1 size fits all). Also, the EGTs will NOT come down with it when your using it. It will maintain them and keep them from rising. Try the test. Make a run on a certain tune with it for a given distance then do the same run but bring the sprayer in this time. I could keep it down about 275-300f lower than the run without it. Anyone ever look at the intake manifold on a Top Alcohol dragster when it was just sitting there idling or just right after the run? Icy is what you'll see on it. If pressures are kept high from the pump so it atomizes the liquid, it will do it's job. The 2 625 nozzles that are sent with most kits are way to large. Try with 1 to see what you get and compare it with running the 2 nozzles. If you do it right and use it within reason, You'll be happy. Don't try to EVER run strait methanol either. I've seen a truck and it's pistons afterward (actual meltdown). Good luck.

P.S. Don't install it pre-I/C. the mist will turn to water droplets instead of a mist before it gets to the motor. Right at the intake at the motor is best or in the intake horn (Y bridge).

P5010414.JPG

Attachments

• P5010414.JPG
    P5010414.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Thanks again super diesel that's thekind of answer I was looking for.. just hate all the negative I was getting.. I also have a batmo wheel and down pipe that some say does nothing but I love it even if I don't get much power gain is ok cuz I can keep right up with my brothers lly with lml bottom end dual cp3 and 4088 Turbo so I'm pleased already lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I love my water meth injection kit. Its a labonte progressive dual nozzle setup. I have it coming on at about 10psi and full tilt at about 18. Like Super D said. It slows or maintains the EGT's. Most ive seen so far with the new motor is 1600*. I personally love the water meth. I was running 50/50 on the old motor but now run 70% water 30% meth. Its cheap and easy power. I tapped the bottom of my windshield washer resivor so i had my message center telling me when it was low. i still have full function of my wiper blades:thumb:

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
i dont like runnin water meth on the duramax , i had a stage two on my lbz, no matter how i set it up(nozzle size didnt matter, even tried the smallest nozzles) it rattled the engine bad (sounds like detonation on a gasser) this isnt right!! on my dodge i ran it @ all times on a 50/50 mix of distilled water and real VP methanol with 0 rattling, it worked great!... i called snow numerous times and they acted like this rattling was OK, it is not OK!

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
pull timing if you run 50% or more methanol, I made 37 more HP on a 70% mix with max effort stock turbo on my LBZ.

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Thanks guys for the info keep it coming I'm shoting for 550hp without the Meth so we will see on the 12th
Posted via Mobile Device

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Ummmmmmm. My dyno sheet is posted here. Stock engine/turbo/tune/trans. 50/50 meth got me an extra 102 HP & 230 tq and yes it posted at df too

Been spraying for about 250,000 miles on this truck.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
that explains everything.

I can almost guarantee, that unless you spend a lot of time on trial and error with your WM setup, the results wont be anywhere near what you are expecting.

Because I posted it on df it isnt true?!?!?! I posted dyno sheet here long before I was a member on df.

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Hope I didn't piss someone off by stating their results.. my main first question was for hints nozzels. When to inject etc. So I don't have the rattle and other stuff that everyone complains about wharn using water Meth.. thanks again for the answers to my questions
Posted via Mobile Device

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
No your fine. U didnt piss anyone off and if u did they will get over it. I have no issues with water meth, liked it before i had my twins, but now i cant use all the power my twins have, and egts stay low, so why keep the water meth? Thats why im sellin it. If my truck was stock turbo i would run it all day long. And i tapped into the bottom of my washer fluid tank also like stated above, that way truck tells u when its running low.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I noticed a small small improvement in regards to seat-of-the-pants feel with my water meth. However it makes a HUGE improvement towing with a larger charger. Towing over our local mountain pass I would have a 'dead zone' where I couldn't keep the turbo lit. So either had to downshift or run at a higher speed. But once I setup my 'mpg' nozzle to kick in right before that dead zone and it would EASILY keep the turbo lit in fifth gear.

My 'dead zone' was around about 60-65mph. I would be running about 10psi of boost and egt's will get up to about 1400° and keep climbing. Flip the meth on with the small nozzle first and boost would shoot up to almost twenty and egt's would drop to about 1250°. And this is if I still stayed in the throttle. I'd have to let off a bit to stay at the same speed so egt's dropped even more.

I had to play around with the pressures though as coming in too early would cause the turbo to start surging.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Do u an get an added 100hp on a stock truck w it? Sounds to good to b true

Meth is a form of fuel. You gain some power from the cooling aspect sure, it's like having another intercooler in a sense. But after that, you won't gain more power unless you have the air to go with it.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Yea. What chevyburnout said. I do like to have larger tanks than just the windshield washer tank though (to little). I was using my single 8gal tank. now I'm using 2 side saddle mount tanks. There almost 8gal together and will last me about 24-25mins of constant spraying in the intake and my oil cooler. For those that don't have a Mike L. trans cooler, this might help as well unless you live in a area with extremely high R.H. %.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Off topic, but, Stoughton, wi huh? Just came thru there last week and grabbed dinner with Brad, bluebowtie at Red Robin in Madison. He hooked me up with a sampler pack of spotted cow too! I liked the secret squirrel juice the best out of the pack.

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
I would PM you arneson but I haven't figured out how yet so if you coul pm me or txt me that would b great (850)363-4017