Help: Speeding ticket! What do i do?

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Ok, I'm a dumbass 1st off. I just got my licence back from a 90day restriction on the 26th, I F**ked up, today runnin late to the race track i got stoped by for 85 in a 70 on the way up! :mad: So am i screwed? Or pay it? Lawyer? If any of you have some experiance with traffic legalitys, PLEASE let me know what to do! :(:(:( God i don't wanna lose my licence, im royally screwed if i do

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Ok, I'm a dumbass 1st off. I just got my licence back from a 90day restriction on the 26th, I F**ked up, today runnin late to the race track i got stoped by for 85 in a 70 on the way up! :mad: So am i screwed? Or pay it? Lawyer? If any of you have some experiance with traffic legalitys, PLEASE let me know what to do! :(:(:( God i don't wanna lose my licence, im royally screwed if i do

Na you won't loose your license 15mph above the speed limit its no big deal unless your still on probation then you can lose your license again. You might be able to fight it by mail?

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Not much you can do if you were going 85 in a 70. I just got an 80 in a 65 a week or so ago, but its been 18 months since my last traffic school so goin that route again.

Wait for the thing in the mail and see what it says.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
No, not on probation, I think! My 90 day restriction ended on the 26th a few days ago! So i really hope ur right! I'm nervous as hell right now! Like shaky! I actually forgot my wallet (DL) so i had to go back to the cop car with him and spell out all my information and he radioed it in... they radio back "commen class "C" bla,bla,bla, no retrictions, bla,bla,bla"

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I don't give a sh!t bout insurance or ticket cost at this point, just my licence!
ticket was $126, I hope you guys are right!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I don't give a sh!t bout insurance or ticket cost at this point, just my licence!

Ill guarantee that you won't loose your license, if your not on probation, and your license has no restrictions then in that aspect your golden. I would try to fight it if I was you, another member her told me that you can request the actual in car footage that the cop has of pulling you over. If the cop was tail gating you and its on film it might help you out in the final outcome.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Ill guarantee that you won't loose your license, if your not on probation, and your license has no restrictions then in that aspect your golden. I would try to fight it if I was you, another member her told me that you can request the actual in car footage that the cop has of pulling you over. If the cop was tail gating you and its on film it might help you out in the final outcome.

I'll give my laywer a shout monday but for the mean while, the anxiety is killing me! He never tailgated me so, no-bar there! What dose "probation" consist of ? I never remembered hearing anything about it? Are you of the "legalality" profesion Paint? ( if you don't mind me askin!:eek:)

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I'll give my laywer a shout monday but for the mean while, the anxiety is killing me! He never tailgated me so, no-bar there! What dose "probation" consist of ? I never remembered hearing anything about it? Are you of the "legalality" profesion Paint? ( if you don't mind me askin!:eek:)

Me? no i've just had my fair amount of tickets back in high school. I actually just got another ticket but it was a fix it ticket for my exhaust, I have learned once and for all I will never speed on public streets, or highways again. It simply isn't worth it. 5-10 mph over is one thing but cops can be pricks once your over 10 mph. I hope it goes smooth for you.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Time to invest:

v1kit5x4.jpg

On my way home just now I did a 6th gear 60-120 mph run. At about 105 my V1 started poppin off, nailed the brakes down to the 55 speed limit and about 15 seconds later over the hill pops a CHP. :hello:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida

This is how i beat all my tickets and it will work the same for you. Unless u live in the capital of your state. Send a check of the amount of 150 dollars. Yes i no u are overpaying them but it will be ok. They will see that you over payed your ticket and will send u the 24 dollars back in the mail. Rip that check up run it threw the shreeder. After a week or two they will send u a letter do not touch that letter keep it in the mail box. The post man will send it back after it being there for awhile. The reason for all this is if u over pay them your county can not send the paper work off to the Capital of your state until u have been refunded your money. Therefor when u Get another ticket it will not show up on your driving record. If i need to explain my self more clearly send me a pm with your name and number. I can explain it better over the phone

Kurt

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Time to invest:

v1kit5x4.jpg

On my way home just now I did a 6th gear 60-120 mph run. At about 105 my V1 started poppin off, nailed the brakes down to the 55 speed limit and about 15 seconds later over the hill pops a CHP. :hello:

do those work with Light-dar?

I know the Valintine is the best one to have but...

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
IDK, Kurt, Kansas sucks, they can squeeze blood from stone here. Sounds to good to be true, but can it do more harm to try? I don't live in the capitol

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Paint...

So, have you been in this position before too!???

Whats the deal on your exhaust?

In CA there are 2 Vehicle Code violations they can cite you for exhaust 27150 cvc(Correctable) or 27151 cvc(Non Correctable) I luckily got 27150 which is a mere visual inspection then the cop signs it off and you pay 10$ and no problem in my case my dad has friend that works for San Francisco Police Department and he is just gonna sign it off without inspection(my truck doesnt have a cat or muffler on it). If you get 27151 then you pay 200$ fine plus they have to hook up a dB meter to your truck and if it doesn't meet legal dB levels your screwed. Needless to say under 1/2 throttle my exhaust isn't too loud but above that it is crazy loud. I am going to be very careful from now on.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
my exhaust would fail miserably! 6" all the way out the side! No muff, no kitty! I wasn't in the truck today, i woldn't have gone that fast in it, revs too high. I was in a 99 Benz C-280, borrowed from our carlot for the trip. I didn't wanna burn a bunch of expensive diesel. The criuse cont. on the benz dosn't work so that was 1/2 the issue, i prolly would have had it set 5mph over and that prob wouldn't have been an issue!