Spacers

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
There are some cheap aluminum ones on eBay the ones I bought are atleast billet aluminum. I've also seen a few spacers blown apart and it was installer error every single time.

Another thing worth mentioning I'm running a modest 20x8.5 wheel not some faggoty ass 24x14 super wides with a -72 offset with a stupid stretched tire. My wheels are like +40 haha

Of the spacers blown apart out there the wheels are probably to blame based on their size, offset and width. Plus that's assuming they install the spacers correctly and cut off the factory stud tips.

Last edited:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Holy shit ya that's no good. Makes me.somewhat rethink my purchase. I travel ALOT I'm in a different town every 4-5 weeks from Vancouver Washington down to Pocatello Idaho and every where in between. I'm only running spacers on the rear and my truck is 500ish hp would hate for as tire to come apart.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

I'm running spacers on mine at over 1000 horsepower. And ran at 600hp for a year. I made my on though. They were hub centric and made from 6061 T6

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
So he went on a camping trip, no trailer just a bed full of beer and tents and a four wheeler but he went to Jim's Creek in AK and the trails cause a lot of flex and roll as you go down them and then on his way home he got a near instant death wobble and a few seconds later the tire and wheel fell off. He had a four inch lift and I think loosing a 35" tire is what cost him body work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
IIRC he got spacers because he didn't have a big enough offset to clear the knuckle, common issue.

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
So he went on a camping trip, no trailer just a bed full of beer and tents and a four wheeler but he went to Jim's Creek in AK and the trails cause a lot of flex and roll as you go down them and then on his way home he got a near instant death wobble and a few seconds later the tire and wheel fell off. He had a four inch lift and I think loosing a 35" tire is what cost him body work

Hmm, so nothing really too strenuous... unlucky I guess

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I'm running spacers on mine at over 1000 horsepower. And ran at 600hp for a year. I made my on though. They were hub centric and made from 6061 T6

big thing id would look for in any wheel spacer. helps distribute load

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
There are some cheap aluminum ones on eBay the ones I bought are atleast billet aluminum. I've also seen a few spacers blown apart and it was installer error every single time.

Another thing worth mentioning I'm running a modest 20x8.5 wheel not some faggoty ass 24x14 super wides with a -72 offset with a stupid stretched tire. My wheels are like +40 haha

Of the spacers blown apart out there the wheels are probably to blame based on their size, offset and width. Plus that's assuming they install the spacers correctly and cut off the factory stud tips.
Ya I'm same I don't think mine have an offset and they're on good old 35x12.50s lol

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
I should say I will be running Spacers lol. But ya I just rarely have time for my own wrenching let alone fabricating.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
You might not have to cut them still. I DID NOT have to with my wheels. You may or may not. Just have to see when you get the spacers installed.