Sometimes truck makes 60lbs WOT, sometimes 43-45lbs

TWINDBLACKLMM

Feb 13, 2013
I am trying to figure out whats going on with my truck. I thought it was the Torque converter and replaced it, but still going on.

Ill' try my best to explain. I run my truck daily on the 4th tune. Not all out race tune, but hot street or whatever. Had it dyno tuned and logged by durmax tuners last year.

Sometimes when I stab the throttle the truck will staight shit and get! will throw me back and take off like I feel it should.. and boost will hit 58-59-60lbs. sometimes I stab it and it seems to rev up, but feels like there is resitance and only gets up to like 43-45lbs and just doesnt move out.

I have a s474 over stock, Dual Fueler, Air dog and no factory fuel filters. Rail pressure is strong and doesnt drop.

I had a SC 1056 in the truck, I just put a 1057 in (it was used but I am still experimenting with set ups.. that's why I didn't buy brand new)

I am on 37" tires with stock gears.

Anyone have any idea what can be going on? Can a DSP5 switch be going bad and its not in the tune I think it is???

Last edited:

TWINDBLACKLMM

Feb 13, 2013
Logs

Do you have any logs of this happening?

Corey

NO, I don't have any logs on it.. I've never done any logging. I do have a V2.. but honestly don't know how to use it to do anything! I can turn wrenches and all that.. but never messed with tuning... logginh or any of that. What do you think you'd be looking for in the logs?

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Sounds like converter is not coupling very well. I think in have experienced the same thing. Say when you floor it and it downshifts and unlocks the converter and it really doesn't feel like it is doing anything. I think it is a converter deal. It unlocks and isn't coupling right. If you stay in it and get around 80mph when the converter locks up, does it start to pull good again?

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I'm no tuner, but there are lots of guys who know what to look at to help diagnose the problem(s). And your tuner should be able to help like was said above.

Corey

TWINDBLACKLMM

Feb 13, 2013
Coverter

Sounds like converter is not coupling very well. I think in have experienced the same thing. Say when you floor it and it downshifts and unlocks the converter and it really doesn't feel like it is doing anything. I think it is a converter deal. It unlocks and isn't coupling right. If you stay in it and get around 80mph when the converter locks up, does it start to pull good again?

I am thinking it may be the covnerter too. It's not that the covnerter is bad, just think maybe a 1057 isnt the right match for my set up.

I know the 1056 wasnt and I was definetely going through that one.. This one feels a little better from a dead stop, but pretty similiar from a rolling punch type of deal. If I ease into it, or roll into the throttle instead of just stabbing it I can get it to pull hard.. but still not always up to max boost. The part I dont get is how its limiting the boost... like standing on it and its holding at 45lbs.. where sometimes it goes and holds upper 50's or 60lbs. I can make 63 lbs on the race tune. I have a digtal boost gauge so I'm not guessing at the reading.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Try it in towhaul and see if it makes a difference. Sounds like converter isn't locked when you aren't getting as much boost. And when your seeing over 60 it is locked. Allison's hate locking when their supposed to

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Try it in towhaul and see if it makes a difference. Sounds like converter isn't locked when you aren't getting as much boost. And when your seeing over 60 it is locked. Allison's hate locking when their supposed to

Why tow haul? The alli commands lockup at wot anyway...;)