some people play xbox

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
So my tuna warned me not to get a hot side ic pipe til i upgraded my turbo. Eh, no big deal, i really wanted somethin shiny tho, so last night out of boredom, and desire of shiny metals. I took the hot side ic pipe off and sanded, then polished it by hand. Heres how it turned out. Not too shabby for a stock piece.

picture.php
picture.php

Anyways thought i would share this simple engine dress up pointer/tip, it cost me some time and about 6 bucks in various sandpaper grit(180-3000) and some meguires all metal polish

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
That engine bay is too clean .

Lol. I know right! The truck has been sittin a while now, waiting on various parts, and a built trans. I clean it as i take it apart, every time i do a mod, but i also want to get it in a mag as soon as i bolt it all back together, so i want it to be as clean as possible. The undercarrige is spotless too, it is really a sickness called OCD, lol, magazine or not.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Hey thanks guys!!!
Does anyone remember the commadore 64, or how bout the original apple computer? Haha im old too. Wed nights were atari night in my group of friends, now it seems to be xbox, or ps3.
My title was inspired by my friend mike, he made fun of how clean my engine was, calls it a show truck now.lol. he says he has way more important things to do, to busy bla bla bla. He'll run a finger down my paint and say "i wish my paint was that smooth" but if you call mike on any given night he'll be playin xbox in his lazy boy, bein a lazy boy.

So like i said, some people play xbox, i have too many ocd's to make time for that

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
About 2 1/2 hrs, from the time i pulled the boot to the time i put it back on. I have the intercooler out already, so add a bit to get the lower boot off i guess. All in all, i like it! I was sweating like a pig tho, sandin and polishing. Lol. I think it was worth it.