Sold my Duramax

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
No according to Ben most of the older ones do that. Ours does the exact samething. We'll see how bad it gets and probably get a new one. Ben said the new ones are much better. They won't fix the old ones he said.:confused:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Mike have you every had any trouble with your Candi Module on your Tech 2? And did how long ago did you upgrade your Tech 2? Ben Canty said a lot of the Candi modules are garbage, I think ours is messing up.

Interesting. I really need to get a CANdi module asap seeing as more and more GMT-900 trucks are coming into my shop... Where did you get yours from Ken? Does it hardly ever work? Or just sometimes? If you want to sell it cheap I might be interested in buying it..

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Interesting. I really need to get a CANdi module asap seeing as more and more GMT-900 trucks are coming into my shop... Where did you get yours from Ken? Does it hardly ever work? Or just sometimes? If you want to sell it cheap I might be interested in buying it..

Ben I bought it from a guy who had bought it from Kennedy new, I think I paid 2500 for it back in 2005 and another 600 or so for the candi module when it came out and we needed it for the LBZ's. It works fine on the older trucks that don't need the Candi module and most of the time it works fine too, just sometimes it acts like it has a open in on of the wires, move it around a bit and it works fine. Not for sale Ben, sorry.

They ain't cheap http://www.ntxtools.com/network-tool-warehouse/22401.html

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Ben, if you're friendly with a dealer, you may be able to buy one through their parts dept. I bought mine six or so months ago from a local dealer. Dealer cost is like $485 from gmdesolutions, they sold it to me for 20% markup (about $600).

They can also be purchased through OTC dealers such as Napa, but holy crap they rape you! Napa wanted like $1000 for one :eek:

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Ben, if you're friendly with a dealer, you may be able to buy one through their parts dept. I bought mine six or so months ago from a local dealer. Dealer cost is like $485 from gmdesolutions, they sold it to me for 20% markup (about $600).

They can also be purchased through OTC dealers such as Napa, but holy crap they rape you! Napa wanted like $1000 for one :eek:

I also have a link thru my Gm service info with a number to call for ordering tools at a discount price.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV

You got a tech 2 for $600, or a candi module?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
$1100 bucks for a used one is a smoking deal unless it's really beat up. I paid $1700 for mine used with case and accessories. Used only a couple times.

Bought it like 5 years ago,still looks brand new

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master

I bought a brand new CANDI Module off E-Bay for $289.00 :thumb:

It was even a Buy-It-Now

;)

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
I bought a brand new CANDI Module off E-Bay for $289.00 :thumb:

It was even a Buy-It-Now

;)

Yeah, I thought about that. I looked through fleabay before I went to the dealer... Considering 99% of them are Chineese clone crap, no thanks :). I'd rather pay more for the real deal than some cheap Chineese knock-off. JMO :hug:. If the one you got is genuine, then I'd say you where lucky, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's a clone.

Hey Mike, where are those pics? :D

Last edited:

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
You know the biggest problem we have had with the shop Tech 2's are wire breaks in the cables, people dont take care of the community stuff. I bought all my stuff about 7-8 years ago and havent had a problem yet (knock on wood). The first thing I did when i got it was picked a direction to coil the cable and then zip tied the end part of it to one of the handles so the cable would'nt flex at the lower plug which is where the most abuse happens, I dont loan it and i treat it like a 3 day old baby every time I use it. Not sold on the MDI yet it needs A LOT of work still we'll see how it is when they get it sorted out, the software sucks azzzzzzzz!

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
You know the biggest problem we have had with the shop Tech 2's are wire breaks in the cables, people dont take care of the community stuff. I bought all my stuff about 7-8 years ago and havent had a problem yet (knock on wood). The first thing I did when i got it was picked a direction to coil the cable and then zip tied the end part of it to one of the handles so the cable would'nt flex at the lower plug which is where the most abuse happens, I dont loan it and i treat it like a 3 day old baby every time I use it. Not sold on the MDI yet it needs A LOT of work still we'll see how it is when they get it sorted out, the software sucks azzzzzzzz!

I see there trying to push the MDI with a new warrenty. Does the MDI or will it when it work do everything the Tech2 does or will you still need the MDI and the Tech2 and Candi.